Blending between 2 amps w/ exp pedal.

TakaraGold

Experienced
Hi guys,
Anybody knows the best way to set ext1 to control the blend between two amps on the grid? Sort of a panning effect. To use in a way similar to Timmons, blending from clean to distorted sounds with the expression pedal, panning between the two amp settings. Much appreciated!

Leo.

There's definately info on that here. I'd search for you but not the place. Have a search I think someone used it as a channel switch

Two vol blocks before two amps to have reverb or delay allocated to the respective amps ring out when blending over to the other amp or one mixer block after two amps if this is not necessary.

Put a volume at the very beginning. Use the pan to go between two independent paths. Make sure to set each amp to left or right input.

Attach the levels of each amp to the pedal, one with an inverse curve. You'll need to use non-linear "curves" to get the right level when both amps are at 50%. Clarky has done some work on this because he blends from rhythm to solo in the same patch.

Could anyone maybe help a bit on creating a working patch with this settings? Not getting the inverted linear values.

it just means that one has a start value of zero and an end value of 100 and the other one is the other way round...start = 100 and end = 0

so as you depress the pedal one goes from 0 to 100 and the other goes from 100 to 0

View attachment Dual Path.syx

Here is a Dual Path patch. I have the pan set up to work with Ext 1. You will need to assign that to your controller for it to work. I have found that it is close to maxing out the CPU. If you disconnect the USB, you can add more to the patch.

Enjoy!

Hahaha sorry Simeon, patch working fine!! I was on ipad so the attached preset didnt appear. As a matter of fact I've tweaked the patch to the sound I intended so I'll share it as soon as it's sounding right. The sound is a mesa lead, with the lone star, trying to get a good overall Timmons sound. I alrrady separated the two amps on the input,so I have the clean with a compressor block and the dirty one with a ts808. It's quite getting there. Thanks a bunch for easing the way!

Simple. Just use one Volume/Panner block into both the amps. Set Amp1 (clean) input select to left and set Amp2 (dirty) input select to right. Then simply set your expression controller to control the balance control on your Volume/Panner block and there you have it. Simplest way to do it.

Simple. Just use one Volume/Panner block into both the amps. Set Amp1 (clean) input select to left and set Amp2 (dirty) input select to right. Then simply set your expression controller to control the balance control on your Volume/Panner block and there you have it. Simplest way to do it.

This is how the patch I posted is set up. Works great!

Back
Top Bottom