BK's Plexi Presets

TubeAmpNut

Inspired
Some folks asked for my plexi presets, so I'll post them here. I like to dial in various circuits over the plexi-era evolution and here is my interpretation of an early '67 Super Lead. The first ones had the JTM45-style tonestack and an open tone (Angus/VH/etc.). I may tweak it a little as I'm porting it to stock impulses instread of the RW ones I usually use. I dialed it a little brighter than normal for those that think the plexi is muddy. I'll follow with a '68 which has a 'punchier' tonestack and a '69 for EJ tone later (with different cab impulses).

The earliest plexis are very similar to the superbass variants.

BK

Attachments

• '67 Marshall Super Lead.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 152
  • '69 Marshall Super Lead.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Sounds really great, thanks.

Why the Send/Return maze?

Sounds really great, thanks.

Why the Send/Return maze?

I like to dial a litle bit of reverb on the echo returns. That's how you can do it on the Axe. You can control the echo reverb with the return level.

I just realized I left the delay/phaser in front of the amp block. I didn't intend to do that, but i was playing VH 'Cathedral' with it to tone test it. Now you can too :)

Last edited:
Ah okay.
Try the diffuse param in the dly block, kinda similar.

Some folks asked for my plexi presets, so I'll post them here. I like to dial in various circuits over the plexi-era evolution and here is my interpretation of an early '67 Super Lead. The first ones had the JTM45-style tonestack and an open tone (Angus/VH/etc.). I may tweak it a litte as I'm porting it to stock impulses instread of the RW ones I usually use. I dialed it a little brighter than normal for those thank the plexi is muddy. I'll a '68 wi a 'focused' tonestack and a '69 later (with different cab impulses).

The earliest plexis are very similar to the superbass variants.

BK

Thanks

Great Patch.

Is the multi comp common practice for you, or is this how you made the Plexi sound more modern. In other words to brighten it up.

Thanks

Great Patch.

Is the multi comp common practice for you, or is this how you made the Plexi sound more modern. In other words to brighten it up.

Not too often. I used it more to get the 'feel' closer without super compressing the whole signal. It's also useful in mild tone shaping.

Last edited:
Hey I'm liking these.
Kinda hit a rut and wanted to see what others were doing. Really like these, I added a gentle Tube driver in the front and it gets me there, thanks for sharing

Back
Top Bottom