Billy Talent - Preset on Axe Fx III (Question about modeling)

xavi.t

So i downloaded this preset on axe-change, named Billy Talent posted by Brad666, im a fan of the band and wanna cover some songs, but this preset just doesnt sounds right, at least to me, sounds like if the tone is coming out of the mouth of a fucking duck, so weird, i changed the IR for a wasy better one and put a GEQ in the chain to remove some high end but still can't get rid of this ducky sounds that throw me off.
Anyone know how to get rid of it?

Thanks

It'll be helpful if you share what your rig is vs what the preset is based on.
Well, i dont know what guitar the dude was using, in the description he just mention to use humbucker which is what Ian use on his Strat, but i know that in studio for heavier stuff he use a Gibson junior with p90, i play a gibson les paul i know its different but i dont think thats what brings this kwack sounds that sounds actually like if there was a wah pedal open, but there's not. The tone isnt bad but i just wanna get rid of this Daffy Duck voice

What firmware was it written under? (it should say on axechange) Ive found if the presets are too old they arent much good. So many changes.

I downloaded the preset. In Input EQ they have the low cut at 250hz vs stock 52.0hz sounds way less honky if you put it back(?)
They also changed the preamp bias and the preamp bias excursion - try putting a stock setting dizzy v4 silver 3 in using the eq settings only!

Have you tried honesty? Cried agony?

(Sorry. Unhelpful, but it amused me. Great band. Makes me miss Toronto a bit...)

kind of a reset and a more Klon-ish sound

-

Emulating other drives and devices​

Note: because of ever evolving firmware, the suggested settings in the links below may not be accurate.

Attachments

• Billy Talent2.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 21
Back
Top Bottom