WTB Beware of This Seller (audiomaster)

Axeman

Experienced
I'm writing to warn everyone of this person on the forum: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/members/audiomaster.85058/

Do not engage with them about purchasing any item. He asked for F&F on PayPal and then didn't follow through. It's been two weeks of silence (tried reaching him through PayPal messaging, email and Fractal Forum IM). This has never happened to me. I blame myself for trusting him to go with F&F. I learned a valuable lesson. Caveat emptor.

Fortunately I was able to find what I needed from another trusted member and had a great experience. This is an awesome forum, but once in a while there is a bad egg.

Yeah i was just posting as well sharing a bad experience with some well known Vendor as well & man, it's just not nice when you pay for something & expecting to have something makes you feel nice or even was waiting for it & at the end you find just nothing pleasant!
This may not be situation you're in, and it doesn't seem to apply to the private seller in in OP, but did you see the notice about not posting negative reviews of companies in the official Fractal vendor program?

I was reading it again now, i actually posted about my experience as well in the Lounge so i don't know if what i did is right or wrong!
i am not fully understanding what should i do or understanding the new policy well
I'm not a moderator, so I'll step back from this, just wanted to make sure you were aware of that brand new policy.

Good luck getting your issue resolved.

I'm writing to warn everyone of this person on the forum: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/members/audiomaster.85058/

Do not engage with them about purchasing any item. He asked for F&F on PayPal and then didn't follow through. It's been two weeks of silence (tried reaching him through PayPal messaging, email and Fractal Forum IM). This has never happened to me. I blame myself for trusting him to go with F&F. I learned a valuable lesson. Caveat emptor.

Fortunately I was able to find what I needed from another trusted member and had a great experience. This is an awesome forum, but once in a while there is a bad egg.
'Scuse my higorance - but what's "F&F"?

Or, to put it another way, scammers will often ask the buyer to do them a favor and accept F&F to save them the fee. But the seller is really asking that because they have no intention of shipping the item. Since the buyer accepted F&F, the seller doesn't have to worry about any consequences for taking the money and never sending the item.

Thanks for explaining. Yes, I've used F&F for F&F but had forgotten what the abbreviation stood for. All clear now - thanks :)

Or, to put it another way, scammers will often ask the buyer to do them a favor and accept F&F to save them the fee. But the seller is really asking that because they have no intention of shipping the item. Since the buyer accepted F&F, the seller doesn't have to worry about any consequences for taking the money and never sending the item.
yes that - buyers also sometimes want it as they are splitting the fee reductions with the seller - but if they never get the item, and with no recourse, then it's not much of a better bargain

What were you looking for?? if i have it or have similar i will share it with you
Thank you for offering! Very kind of you. Someone else contacted me and I found the cab I was looking for. I still have faith in people. I take responsibility for my mistake. It could have been avoided. Here is what's interesting... I was in a rush and didn't read the final negotiating emails carefully. I didn't notice at first that the seller wanted F&F. I paid using the option for buying a product which requires the seller to pay a fee. So I proactively sent this person more than we agreed to offset the fee! I did the right thing and then the seller points out he said we agreed on F&F. I went back to the thread and he did qualify his price with F&F. He sent back the payment, so I could resent with F&F. This actually tricked me to think it's all legit when I should have pushed back and told him I paid him more than we agreed so it shouldn't be a problem. After he got his money, he went silent. I've had nothing but 100% success buying and selling products on eBay and off of official platforms. This time I got burned. It's all statistics and probabilities. Now I'll never use F&F ever again. Lesson learned. I hate not trusting people, but written contracts and insurance solve for the minority of bad eggs.

It this happened on this forum, the mods should boot him. IMHO.
Agree. Let’s see what happens. Just noticed that I’m no longer able to send seller messages over PayPal. They never responded any any emails or PP messages. He’s a fraud.

Unfortunately, the web is FULL of frauds.
As noted above, if you pay with Paypal F&F, Venmo, Cash App, Zelle....you very well may get scammed.
Unless you want to take that risk - Paypal Goods & Services is the only option.

Sorry you got scammed Axeman....it happens all day, every day.

Unfortunately, the web is FULL of frauds.
As noted above, if you pay with Paypal F&F, Venmo, Cash App, Zelle....you very well may get scammed.
Unless you want to take that risk - Paypal Goods & Services is the only option.

Sorry you got scammed Axeman....it happens all day, every day.
Yep, all good. My mistake... I'm usually careful but got lazy this time. I'm a big believer in "caveat emptor." Live and learn. Won't happen again!

Back
Top Bottom