Wish Better defaults for Dyna-Cabs

laxu

Fractal Fanatic
So now all Dyna-Cabs start with every mic at the center of the cone, right against the dust cap.

I think a good little usability improvement would be figuring out a "works with most amps" setting for each cab/mic combination and using that as the default.

For example you are probably going to move the Dynamic 1 mic a bit towards the edge of the cone to make it less harsh for example, just like most do with a real SM57.

So now all Dyna-Cabs start with every mic at the center of the cone, right against the dust cap.

I think a good little usability improvement would be figuring out a "works with most amps" setting for each cab/mic combination and using that as the default.

For example you are probably going to move the Dynamic 1 mic a bit towards the edge of the cone to make it less harsh for example, just like most do with a real SM57.
How about if we could save a default mic position globally?

There will always be dissatisfaction. I had a girlfriend that liked it harsh

Won't work. Mic positions differ per speaker type and mic type (and personal opinion).
And if you always use the same speaker/mic/position, you might as well skip dyna-cabs and use a single IR.
Maybe, but it's one where you specifically positioned the mics, without going through thousands of files on disk.

Back
Top Bottom