Best way to create "squish", decrease attack?

Stringtheorist

Fractal Fanatic
I've noticed that with certain models (eg. Brit Super) the attack is very pronounced. I tried dialling it out by raising sag, master volume, damping, etc. but couldn't soften this aggressive bark. How can I make the tone more "squishy" (for want of a better word)?

CLR active cab.

Another amp model? Try decrease damping, decrease pick attack, lower low cut freq, increase dynamics. Also try out the character settings in the advanced pages, those two knobs alone can make wonders.

edit.

Last edited:
You could try lowering the definition too. Doesn't really make things "squishy" but can help tame aggression.

You can raise transformer drive. It'll "shrink" the transformer and under power the amp, making it sag in responser to lower register input (lows require more power to move the speaker). Might help if lowering damp or sag don't feel/sound right.

Yes. Pick attack is exaggerated by sag since the initial attack comes through then the amp sags. Just like a compressor. The more compression the more noticeable the attack.

You know I actually might just have to rework my patches again after about a year, this might make them better :) Never thought about that!
Thanks!

Jens

Back
Top Bottom