Best "strings" sounding patch?

kev

Inspired
I need a nice patch that will get me close to sounding like I'm playing strings on the keyboard. I've heard a couple of U2 types that were pretty good. I'd like to minimize the guitar's note attack. I think I've just about downloaded all the patches if someone could suggest which one's to try, I'd really appreciate it.

kev said:
I need a nice patch that will get me close to sounding like I'm playing strings on the keyboard. I've heard a couple of U2 types that were pretty good. I'd like to minimize the guitar's note attack. I think I've just about downloaded all the patches if someone could suggest which one's to try, I'd really appreciate it.

To minimize guitar not attack, use a volume swell.

Are you talking about a foot controller or volume knob swell? That works in some situations but it gets kind of messy and inconsistant. I don't think a compressor can do it either. Maybe there's a way to use an ADSR or Envelope.

kev said:
Are you talking about a foot controller or volume knob swell? That works in some situations but it gets kind of messy and inconsistant. I don't think a compressor can do it either. Maybe there's a way to use an ADSR or Envelope.

Either. If you want it automated you can use the envelope modifier to the ingain or mix depending on what you are going for.

Back
Top Bottom