Best stock or firmware IR to make a twin sound like twin!

Cem

Experienced
Hey guys,

I'm lately having some strugles with Fender Twin sim. I can make marshall, mesas, voxes sound even better than the real ones but.

I couldn't manage to make the twin do the thing for me. I have two different guitars at home, one is HH Suhr modern and the other is a 3 x Mini Humbuckerish Stratty PRS, Swamp Ash special.

When I play through a fender Twin reverb on stage with those guitar, I set them both to the same settings nearly only 0.5 difference on Volume in the amp, and most likely the amp goes like

Volume 4, Bass 6, Mid 4, Treble 5 around it. I mean very near flat, but can't get close with the axe.

And I think it's the IR. The double verb 2x12 Ur isn't working that good for me I guess.

What shall I do?

I prefer F123 (Double Verb Mix UR) to F137 (Double Verb M160 UR).

Other great Fender IRs:

- 2x10 Fen Room Mix (TAF). That's F152 on a XL, or enclosed with Mk I/II firmware.

- 4x12 D120 (UR). Thats's F172.

Btw, I prefer the Bright switch off, and Treble turned up.

I prefer F123 (Double Verb Mix UR) to F137 (Double Verb M160 UR).

Other great Fender IRs:

- 2x10 Fen Room Mix (TAF). That's F152 on a XL, or enclosed with Mk I/II firmware.

- 4x12 D120 (UR). Thats's F172.

Btw, I prefer the Bright switch off, and Treble turned up.
I like the Double Verb Mix as well.

What doesn't sound right to you?

Try the UR Class A mix, that thing sounds great to me.

R

The twin sounds, sooo FULL and clear at the same time, without too many brittle if the pickup is right, very tamed, very Pure, yet to cut in the mix very well.

When I'm setting it it sounds very "something" focused ( can't find that something, assuming some high-mid freqs) and not very pure and clear as "go-to" funk, pop cleans of ERAS.

It's not full, and it sounds, mmm metallic.

I think this amp is modeled on the blackface, which will break-up slightly. I've been able to adjust the saturation/gain(and several other controls) lower to get a more clean/funk sound.

I think this amp is modeled on the blackface, which will break-up slightly. I've been able to adjust the saturation/gain(and several other controls) lower to get a more clean/funk sound.

When input trim is set to 0.5. It doesn't break up even at gain at 5.

But the character is... Dunno..

hate to ask....but is what you are after more amp in the room character? the Twin sounds like pretty much every close mic'd twin i've ever played...

The wiki specifies exactly after which amp it is modeled.

I played for a time with a guy who used an old double verb for his clean, so I know the sound. I just played this amp (at defaults) with the stock 2x12 Double Verb IR, and it was extremely close. There was some glitter missing there, but I was using my LP. Liked it so much I kept the patch.

I suspect you're missing the 'amp in the room' thing as mentioned above.

Back
Top Bottom