Best Road Trip Ever!!!!!!

The computer on that filing cabinet looks like it's got a 3.5" floppy disk drive. We could really use Cliff around my company to do some cost cutting in the tech department.

Hold on, I see a stack of AX8 boxes behind Marks left elbow. Shouldn't he be busy loading those out onto shipping docks instead of talking about Warren DeMartini and taking pictures with customers?
Mark shipped mine literally 5 minutes after I placed my order. I hear it's a Canadian thing :p

The computer on that filing cabinet looks like it's got a 3.5" floppy disk drive. We could really use Cliff around my company to do some cost cutting in the tech department.
It seems fitting for the bunch of us. We're modeling vacuum tubes here. :) I'm surprised there aren't some 8" floppies or tapes in the background. lol

When the Axe fx II was fist launch in May 2011, Fractal Audio wasn't shipping to Canada due to issues with USPS so I made the trip from Montreal to Plaistow, a 5 hours drive, to get my II. I met Cliff there, very genuine and down to earth guy. I've done the transaction directly with him in his office. He was obviously a busy guy with the phone keeping rigning but he took the time to talk music with me and I felt like a VIP client. This is what Fractal Audio is all about! Mark Day was not working for them back then, I would have love to meet him as well as I'm a die hard 80's fan and fellow Canadian!!

Yeah...I am a little embarrassed to admit...Cliff may have been there and I would not have known...sigh. I recognized Mark Day from his youtube channel...plus his Toto AX8 teaser demo knocked me over since I am a huge Lukather (Toto) fan.

It was pretty cool to pick it up and I still smile thinking about it...

My wife is Canadian so I get a few points there as well... :)

Back
Top Bottom