Best Powered PA Speaker System for the FM3?

Black Fox

Inspired
I just ordered the FM3 and i'm wondering what would be a good quality powered PA speaker system for it?
I have studio monitors for my room, but in time if I want to play live i'd want to move to some power PA speakers, let me know what you think!
And if this has been answered before, direct me to those answers

What is your price range?

You are going to get lots of responses favoring the EV PXM-12MP, Friedman ASC or ASM, XiTone, Atomic, and more. So it is all subjective to the player. Some members will suggest using regular cabs and a powered amp.

Check out the amps and cabs (General Topics) section for lots of powered speaker suggestions.

What is your price range?

You are going to get lots of responses favoring the EV PXM-12MP, Friedman ASC or ASM, XiTone, Atomic, and more. So it is all subjective to the player. Some members will suggest using regular cabs and a powered amp.

Check out the amps and cabs (General Topics) section for lots of powered speaker suggestions.
Yeah I figured that was the case, just wish there was a place near me where I could text out such speakers, but I live in bum nowhere California lol

A pair of EV PXM-12MPs would be less than that. Also great service from a super established company. I really like mine.
wow those look really nice! Wow so many options It's really hard to know without hearing them firsthand, but Electro-Voice
is a good company from what I have heard so I can't go wrong with these option either

wow those look really nice! Wow so many options It's really hard to know without hearing them firsthand, but Electro-Voice
is a good company from what I have heard so I can't go wrong with these option either
Lots of reviews and comments here about them. Lots of folks using them, pretty happy with them in general.

yeah these will be my "next" item for my FM3 after I get a decent foot controller, i'm looking at the Voes MX-18
Just to say it the Fractal FC 6 and 12 are great, and super well integrated with the Fractal modelers. Plus the mini displays are great, they dynamically label the footswitches as you change presets and their function changes. That's worth a lot to me. Don't think I'd give that up for the money you'd save going with the Voes, especially if you're going to spring for the big one.

but I live in bum nowhere California
I have a pair of the EVs and like them. They're a flexible cabinet shape, not too big or heavy, and have a nice DSP onboard so you can tweak their sound internally if you want.

Because EV is such a big company, basically world-wide since their parent company, Dynacord covers wherever EV doesn't, you should be able to find them at any of the bigger music stores. The larger online sites carry them, including Amazon, which has them on sale right now, and, if you have "Prime" you get free returns if you don't like them.

https://a.co/d/d0No7Sh

I have a pair of the EVs and like them. They're a flexible cabinet shape, not too big or heavy, and have a nice DSP onboard so you can tweak their sound internally if you want.

Because EV is such a big company, basically world-wide since their parent company, Dynacord covers wherever EV doesn't, you should be able to find them at any of the bigger music stores. The larger online sites carry them, including Amazon, which has them on sale right now, and, if you have "Prime" you get free returns if you don't like them.

https://a.co/d/d0No7Sh
thanks for the Amazon link, I also saw them on Sweetwater as well

Give Manchester Music Mill a call. Don't know where you are, but I paid $825 each for mine, no tax (NH) or shipping because I picked them up in person. See what they can do for you.
i'm in California, so I think there would be some state tax, but i'm not sure how that would work since i'm not in NH

nice! Do those "feet" come in locking roller wheels? That would make them easy to move on stages
I doubt it, they have only one screw which wouldn't securely attach wheels to the cabinet. You could drill and use T-nuts on the inside of the cabinet IF there's nothing that is in the way inside.

The cabinets are not very heavy (30 lbs) which is less than my 1x12 combo.

Rather than add wheels to the cabinet I'd make or buy a small dolly, set them on it and roll them.

I doubt it, they have only one screw which wouldn't securely attach wheels to the cabinet. You could drill and use T-nuts on the inside of the cabinet IF there's nothing that is in the way inside.

The cabinets are not very heavy (30 lbs) which is less than my 1x12 combo.

Rather than add wheels to the cabinet I'd make or buy a small dolly, set them on it and roll them.
yeah I don't feel like drilling unless I know what I am doing which I don't, those rubber feet will do for now, and yeah a small dolly would work

yeah I don't feel like drilling unless I know what I am doing which I don't, those rubber feet will do for now, and yeah a small dolly would work
To attach the feet I measured the cabinet wall thickness, then drilled a small pilot hole that was about 3/4 of the wall thickness, and found feet and screws then screwed them in by hand.

Back
Top Bottom