Best option to sustain a chord

I modified an old axefx I preset made by Yek as the basis of "Turn me Loose" preset. for my Axe-III. Being a 3 piece I sometimes play the keyboard parts for a few songs. This patch has the initial tone that sounds pretty dang close for the keyboard intro when I play the chords on guitar. The problem is I can't find a way to sustain that first note long enough. I tried the reverb hold as mentioned in this thread, but it looses the initial attack, so looses the vibe. Any ideas of what to tweak?

I modified an old axefx I preset made by Yek as the basis of "Turn me Loose" preset. for my Axe-III. Being a 3 piece I sometimes play the keyboard parts for a few songs. This patch has the initial tone that sounds pretty dang close for the keyboard intro when I play the chords on guitar. The problem is I can't find a way to sustain that first note long enough. I tried the reverb hold as mentioned in this thread, but it looses the initial attack, so looses the vibe. Any ideas of what to tweak?

There is no initial attack on a sustained chord; it is a pad. Anyay, If you want to change the character of the sustained chord, try separating the Wet output of the Reverb block from the Dry output, and add some EQ, Multi-band Compressor or Enhancer to the Wet Output.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom