Best Live Album Of All Time

I don't know if this was made into an "album," but after I kept hearing Uprising on the radio (of all things), I had to look these guys up.
I came across this live show from Austin City Limits and was just in awe! It's what really got me into MUSE!

Oldies...
  • Heard Kiss Alive II around 1980. It made me a fan for some years and accelerated my guitaristic evolution
  • A lot of stuff back then was fed to me by my uncle, of which I liked The Kinks — One for the Road (1980)
  • I was also impressed by the vibe from The Beatles — Live at the Hollywood Bowl
  • I got completely blown away (and still) by the Some Skunk Funk version on The Brecker Bros — Heavy Metal Bebop
More "current" faves...
  • Joni Mitchell — Miles of Aisles (feat. Robben Ford). This one seems more obscure than the one feat. Pat Metheny, Jaco, etc., but it's a perfect disc to me, and the first time I really "got" how great she was. Previous attempts had underwhelmed me, and I tend to advise people to start with this one.
  • Pat Metheny Group — Travels (feat. killer version of Are You Going With Me, etc.). Especially in the 80ies, Pat was God himself to me (I was also on to Larry Carlton, Robben Ford, and Lukather early)
  • Trijntje Oosterhuis (Dutch singer) — For Once in My Life (Songs of Stevie Wonder) KILLER throughout!
  • I always enjoy James Taylor — Live (1993) (feat. Michael Landau)
P.S.: A double live of Lynyrd Skynyrd (possibly the one mentioned before) features a ton of cool licks to steal :eek:

Attachments

• live albums.jpg
    live albums.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom