Best lead amp model?

Not enough information on the question.

• Genre?
•*Type of guitar?
• Searing 80s metal lead, or clanky indie rock lead?

I ask because I have more then one lead amp. I use the ENGL, Marshall 100, 5153 Red, and Vibroverbs with TS9s in front all depending on the song and the type of lead needed.

I suggest putting the names of all the amp models on a cork board. Get a dart, and a blindfold.

Any of them could work.
It's in the way that you use it.
Personally any plexi model, hbe, FAS brown, Brit brown for my definition of "lead".

I gravitate towards the British gain sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I suggest putting the names of all the amp models on a cork board. Get a dart, and a blindfold.

Any of them could work.
It's in the way that you use it.
Personally any plexi model, hbe, FAS brown, Brit brown for my definition of "lead".

I gravitate towards the British gain sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

THIS. I've never been a plexi person, but recently have fallen in love with it and play it for hours on end. I find it really cuts through the mix well, but also blends in easily enough to keep the mix full and lively. My flavor changes constantly depending on my mood and what style I'm playing as well as what tone I want to accomplish. I suggest finding a good IR (Clark Kent's new ones are fantastic btw & free) They make all the amps I play through really open up to their full potential. Then play with different amps until you find one that is close to what you hear in your head, and tweak from there to perfection.

Not enough information on the question.

• Genre?
•*Type of guitar?
• Searing 80s metal lead, or clanky indie rock lead?

I ask because I have more then one lead amp. I use the ENGL, Marshall 100, 5153 Red, and Vibroverbs with TS9s in front all depending on the song and the type of lead needed.

This!

Depending on style ect certain amps are prob better than others

depends on the song, for me. I like a lot of different styles.
I go to the HBE for a lot of the rock stuff.
(with humbuckers)

Back
Top Bottom