Best IR for Plexi 100?

cragginshred

Fractal Fanatic
I have yet to replicate myv9.02 Plexi tone and am convinced its due to not finding the correct IR
This would be for the Plexi 100 using a Les Paul with Bonamassa pups so killer clear fat warm vintage tone needs an IR ?? Will post video with v9.02 tone I am trying to replicate later

I have yet to replicate myv9.02 Plexi tone and am convinced its due to not finding the correct IR
This would be for the Plexi 100 using a Les Paul with Bonamassa pups so killer clear fat warm vintage tone needs an IR ?? Will post video with v9.02 tone I am trying to replicate later

My new go-to IRs for Marshally sounds are the new AX and TV mix cabs, panned hard left and hard right.

I play an R9 with Duncan's Bonamassa pups and really like the AX and TV cabs but I think my fav is the Rumble cabs. Don't use the mic sims with the new V10 mix cabs.

I too like the tv and ax cabs, but for the plexi 100 (which I'm falling in love with), i tend to like the new GB mix IR, it has that woofy, woody, ballsy sound that just works great for crunchy ker-RANG with my les paul.

Yeah, I agree -- the new IRs are pretty awesome.
Soon, we will release the solo mics used to create those mixes from the sessions. I think there are over 500 IRs! Who is psyched for that?

'Soon'

hehehe

No seriously though I'm excited, thank you guys for going into the studio and making them. It's much appreciated :)

Soon, we will release the solo mics used to create those mixes from the sessions. I think there are over 500 IRs! Who is psyched for that?
OMG, too many choices! (Keep 'em comin')

I have not been crazy about the new cabs. I think I am just used to my uber cab t75/v40 in a stereo cab with two different mics. The thought of making my own mix using these 500 IRs is exciting though!

...Stock H75...

Last week I needed a brief distraction and put the H75, M75, modern production G12M, and 70's G12M in my Marshall cab and sampled a few captures off them. The vintage Celestion G12M (black back) and Scumback H75 stood out head and shoulders over the other two, fantastic speakers. ::thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom