BEST FW19 Cleans.

Hi Guys, Which amp(s) do you think that deliver the best clean tone in the box? (FIRMWARE 19 only)

Please mention IR's, and settings if possible.

I'm actually digging the AC30 for some light breakup stuff, but I'm searching for a super clean "no breakup" amp, any thoughts?

Thanks!

I like glassy, no-breakup cleans for a lot of stuff, and the best amp model I've come across for this always seems to be the Triptik Clean. It can get light-breakup kinda' crunchy, but if you're judicial with the gain & MV it's just perfect (and has been for like a half dozen FW or so).

I do like the Rambler, Div13 CJ , Nuclear, and Scout...
Not your typical Fender type clean, but less scoop, more character, and good compression without too much breakup.
My Cab choice is always the corresponding factory cab.

For squeaky cleans in FW19 I've taken a liking to the 6G12, 6G4, Band-Commander and Class-A 15W TB. I find they have a more life-like spongy feel to them when keeping them as clean as possible. It's hard, even in real world amps, to find an amp that is ultra clean with no hint of breakup while still having some dynamics or livliness to the sound and feel.

I do like the Rambler

I used to own a Carr Rambler 2x10 combo and it's cleans were the most glorious tones that I've ever gotten out of an amp. I really regret selling it. I haven't had the same feelings about the Axe-Fx model, though. I'm staying positive and just attributing it to "I haven't found the right IR yet."

Lately, I've been using the Band-Commander (Fender Band-Master)

Wow I didn't even see that one. TY!

Tried it out as this was my first "nice" amp head and cab (around 1968 or so).

And it sounds great!:encouragement:

Brilliant model?

At the time I posted that, I was just going off of personal experience with the real amps I've played through. Now that I've had a chance to experience the AxeFX equivalents the answer remains.

Definitely the 'Highpower Brilliant'. It may be a little astringent sounding, but clean is as clean does. I found the factory patch to be just as touch responsive as the original and it is *perfect* for practicing because it won't allow you hide a thing.

Back
Top Bottom