Best Factory Cab For Splawn Nitro ? (metal)

sunil999

Guys which cab would you recommend Best for Factory Cab Using the Splawn Nitro ?
Using the amp model for high gain rhythm .. want it tight and want it to cut live using 6,7 and 8 string guitars,using 2 qsc k12s for monitors .currently using the ML Recto 57/121 .. i really like the splawn amp specially after Leon Todd made a thread about it being underated.. was using 2C++ before..
Thanks!

From Axe Fx II Wiki:

"Based on: Splawn Nitro. 100 watts, KT88 tubes. Splawn: "All the Splawn tone with more saturation and voiced for a bigger low end and low mids". Modeled: Overdrive channel, OD-1 (rhythm) and OD-2 (lead) modes.
Suggested cabs: G12M, G12-65, V30."

From Yek's amp guide:

"Splawn cabinets are equipped with G12M, G12-65 or V30 speakers.
IRs with a lot of midrange pair well with this model, such as 4x12 Cali and/or greenbacks."

It comes down to what your ears like. Audition them all as there's no hard and fast rule when it comes to cabs. I stumbled onto this recently with the MarkII C++. You'd think that V30's is the only way to go but I absolutely love it with a Greenback/V30 mix. Trust your ears, you're the one that has to listen to it 95% of the time.

Back
Top Bottom