Best DAW to control AxeFX live AND be able to have setlist function

+1 For Ableton Live 9

You can have as much or as little control over you set as you want. Everything can be automated (scene changes, patch changes, even volume and wah controls). The session mode makes things pretty organized, allowing you to have each song organized in scenes (looks kinda' like a spreadsheet) with automated tempo and time signature changes between each.

Ableton Live 9 is exactly what you want! I played in a Rammstein cover band for awhile and I did EXACTLY what you are talking about using Ableton. All of the bands songs were laid out on a setlist. Using my Axe foot controller, I setup some buttons that would select the songs from the list. Also, songs would trigger scene changes on my Axe for me automatically as well. It was awesome. As a backup, the laptop was setup on top of my rack so that I could manually just go to the laptop and press the song I wanted to play. In Ableton, songs can be assigned a letter. A, B, C...etc. so you simply press the letter of the song you want to play next.

I've actually been trying to set up my MFC to control Ablenton(more so Mobius) for a few weeks without any success. Are you using cat5 and usb or are you running midi from the mfc to fractal to computer? I can get midi signal from MFC to axe fx but can't get Ableton to see it (using cat5 and usb). If you could help me figure this out I would reach through the internet and hug you.

Sorry for the thread hijack, just about to give up trying until I saw this post.

downloaded mainstage last night.

Pretty involved setup to control the axe fx. You actually have to split up your backing track section by section into multiple tracks so it can send a cc marker at the beginning of that section (ie verse, chorus etc). Pretty involved and counter-intuitive as opposed to logic/pro tools just dropping a midi track in on the timeline/edit window and putting markers at certain measures.

Unless I'm missing something this is definitely NOT the way to go unless I spend a huuuuge amount of time programming.

yeah, it is still missing a rudimentary midi file player apparently. It a shame because it works so well for backing tracks and sectioning them out.

Back
Top Bottom