• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Best amp models for a country twang tone?

Gene

Inspired
Hi, I have to build a Country twangy chicken pickin type preset today on my AX8.

I have the Austin Buddy pack too.

I am thinking the following amp models will be the way forward for audition:

Fender twin reverb
Fender Deluxe reverb
Dr. Z 38
Matchless DC30
Fender Band commander.

I am thinking of this signal path in layout grid;

Gate- compressor - spring verb - boost pedal - amp - cab - slapback delay........output

I think the boost may be better after the compressor otherwise the compressor will just quish it too much to defeat a solo boost. The boost b4 the verb I think would also probably over emphasize the verb, so placing it after.

I would appreciate your views all!

Thanks, Gene.

kruzty

Inspired
I was using the AC-20 EF86 T for a long time, but now my go-to is the Wrecker Rocket. It's mostly Voxy sound I like, but has just enough of the Fender "roundness."

As for the effects order, I would put the verb at the end, but even then I usually leave it off because the slapback is enough for me (verb just muddies things if your trying to do those fast, snappy licks).

Geezerjohn

Fractal Fanatic
My go-to twang banger is the Carr. I posted a preset at the Axechange. You can search for it by name. You can also try the Lonestar.

Attachments

Gene

Inspired
I was using the AC-20 EF86 T for a long time, but now my go-to is the Wrecker Rocket. It's mostly Voxy sound I like, but has just enough of the Fender "roundness."

As for the effects order, I would put the verb at the end, but even then I usually leave it off because the slapback is enough for me (verb just muddies things if your trying to do those fast, snappy licks).
Yeah , you are right about the verb I have a few other units and the slapback is enough of an effect. I will try both :)

lauke-lux

Power User
Check the Twin reverb of "Burgs" on the forum, add effects as you suggested to taste. For me it's wonderful.

Gene

Inspired
Thanks all.
I use several guitars but I bought the AX8 for work with a band I do weddings with. A Godin xtSA. It is HSH config and has a Piezo acoustic in it and I can play a Roland synth with it if I need to like a GR-55. I like the HSH on this it has some kind of coil tapping goin on though I read it's not actual coil tapping but in short I have the bridge,neck sound of a Les Paul type, the middle of strat type, and the 2 out of phase sound of a strat type...... so it is very versatile.

mssmith.......... do you have the preset?

Top Bottom