Best amp models for a country twang tone?

Gene

Inspired
Hi, I have to build a Country twangy chicken pickin type preset today on my AX8.

I have the Austin Buddy pack too.

I am thinking the following amp models will be the way forward for audition:

Fender twin reverb
Fender Deluxe reverb
Dr. Z 38
Matchless DC30
Fender Band commander.

I am thinking of this signal path in layout grid;

Gate- compressor - spring verb - boost pedal - amp - cab - slapback delay........output

I think the boost may be better after the compressor otherwise the compressor will just quish it too much to defeat a solo boost. The boost b4 the verb I think would also probably over emphasize the verb, so placing it after.

I would appreciate your views all!

Thanks, Gene.

I was using the AC-20 EF86 T for a long time, but now my go-to is the Wrecker Rocket. It's mostly Voxy sound I like, but has just enough of the Fender "roundness."

As for the effects order, I would put the verb at the end, but even then I usually leave it off because the slapback is enough for me (verb just muddies things if your trying to do those fast, snappy licks).

My go-to twang banger is the Carr. I posted a preset at the Axechange. You can search for it by name. You can also try the Lonestar.

Attachments

• TX Star JC.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 92
I was using the AC-20 EF86 T for a long time, but now my go-to is the Wrecker Rocket. It's mostly Voxy sound I like, but has just enough of the Fender "roundness."

As for the effects order, I would put the verb at the end, but even then I usually leave it off because the slapback is enough for me (verb just muddies things if your trying to do those fast, snappy licks).
Yeah , you are right about the verb I have a few other units and the slapback is enough of an effect. I will try both :)

Check the Twin reverb of "Burgs" on the forum, add effects as you suggested to taste. For me it's wonderful.

Thanks all.
I use several guitars but I bought the AX8 for work with a band I do weddings with. A Godin xtSA. It is HSH config and has a Piezo acoustic in it and I can play a Roland synth with it if I need to like a GR-55. I like the HSH on this it has some kind of coil tapping goin on though I read it's not actual coil tapping but in short I have the bridge,neck sound of a Les Paul type, the middle of strat type, and the 2 out of phase sound of a strat type...... so it is very versatile.

mssmith.......... do you have the preset?

Back
Top Bottom