Best amp for a clean tone

deakle

Experienced
Hello everyone, does anyone have any suggestions on the best amp to use for a bright, clean tone with a Strat? Something that would sound good in all 5 positions. Would a Fender Deluxe or maybe a Vox AC-30 be best? I can get a good overdrive tone but I need something for those lush chorus type passages. Any suggestions?

Thanks guys, I very much appreciate alll the amp suggestions. How about some advice on eq’ing a clean sound? I usually boost the mids and cut back on the bass and treble somewhat on a driven tone but that does not translate well to a clean tone. Should I add some more bass and treble instead of cutting those and maybe pull the mids back a bit? Any suggestions on equalization?

I've done the 80's clean chorus a few times in presets, I can't for the life of me think what amp models I used without looking, but I have done one with the Hiwatt recently, just with gain backed off, which did produce a nice full bodied sound. The excact nature of the 'ping' in the chorus tone did come down to the IR in some cases, otherwise it's too spanky

Back
Top Bottom