Best amp for a clean tone

This one is not in the AXE-FX but, my real-world AMPEG VT-22, GOT EAR-SPLITTING LOUD and remained CLEAN all the way up to a TEN volume setting. SERIOUSLY!

If you’re talking about 100% clean cleans, try it without a cab (or maybe even an amp). It’s an interesting sound… can’t remember which songs were recorded this way, but it was a thing for a while.

I mean, it’s interesting with distortion too, but that’s, um, a “unique” sound. 😁

Deluxe Vibrato - bass 3, treble 6 (adjust gain to were it suits your guitar, input trim 0.5 if using humbuckers

Bogner Shiva - Pretty much stock but maybe reduce bass if needed and turn on bright switch

Matchless DC30 - same settings as deluxe pretty much

Lonestar - Reduce bass, lower gain and pump the master

Band commander - pretty much plug in and play (adjust gain to suit)

Cab wise try the matching cabs either Dynacab or legacy but the EV12l is always a winner for clean tones!

Could also add a compressor for a bit more spank and play around with the output compressor in the amp block!

Deluxe Vibrato - bass 3, treble 6 (adjust gain to were it suits your guitar, input trim 0.5 if using humbuckers

Bogner Shiva - Pretty much stock but maybe reduce bass if needed and turn on bright switch

Matchless DC30 - same settings as deluxe pretty much

Lonestar - Reduce bass, lower gain and pump the master

Band commander - pretty much plug in and play (adjust gain to suit)

Cab wise try the matching cabs either Dynacab or legacy but the EV12l is always a winner for clean tones!

Could also add a compressor for a bit more spank and play around with the output compressor in the amp block!
Just made a preset with said amps minus the band commander for you.....

Let me know what you think and if it helps!

Attachments

• RA Cleans.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 0
If you want clean tones that move very sweetly into edge of breakup tones when you raise the gain, Vibrato Lux is incredible!
I can get close to the clean tone that Guthrie Govan uses in his masterclasses, and then if I crank it, it sounds very Led Zepp 🤘

Back
Top Bottom