Bendy Face Plate?

cemusic

Inspired
Combo Axe II/Ultra question:

After swapping out my Ultra for the latest and greatest, I noticed that the face plate on the Ultra is a little tweaked and sort of bows away from sitting flush against the chassis. Has anyone had and fixed this problem? Does the Axe II tend to do this too, and if so, is there a way to prevent it (short of not transporting it in a rack)?

I don't think it has affected the Ultra as far as performance, but it looks a little funky for selling purposes...

I just took the Ultra out of the rack--possibly for the first time since I've owned it, and the faceplate was slightly bowed, so I assume the weight of the unit and being jostled around during transport with the only support being the ears/faceplate did it. Seems like I have seen some rack gear do this before, but I can't think of what specifically.

I'm happy to hear that II owners do not have/do not anticipate having this problem. But am I really the only person that has had this happen to their old Ultra?

Even though I am in a Home Studio, all of my Axe fx's (were\are racked, not supported on top or bottom, and no issues.
BTW, I mean I have owned all of them and kept upgrading thru the years. No bends, or anything. That thing is pretty darn strong.

But I remember folks posting pics (2 or 3 times since 2009) of bent ones. I believe they were dropped and things of that nature.

Back
Top Bottom