Behringer X32Rack or something else?

iaresee

Administrator
Before I go and dump a ton of money in to this, is there anything else in this price range I should be considering? This is bar band live use. Replacing a heavy AF Mackie thing and a bunch of outboard effects we mostly use on vocals.

I got fed up with digital mixing so I bought a Yamaha MG XU.
Fulfills my needs, with a 4-piece band.
Effects are basic but sufficient.
The compressor per channel is a great feature.

To OP point, what does the I/O need to be?
I should have specified that!

Honestly? The 32 is overkill here. We could live with an XR-18 but I'm going to trade in my RJM GT/22 so I've got more funds than I need for an XR-18 and considering going up-range as a result.

We're not using IEMs so personal mixing for practice isn't really useful for us.

Check out the Yamaha.
No affiliation. Sounds awesome, very easy to use.
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/TFRack--yamaha-tf-rack-digital-rackmount-mixer

How's the iPad app for that? I at least know how shitty the Behringer app is. :tearsofjoy:

I should have specified that!

Honestly? The 32 is overkill here. We could live with an XR-18 but I'm going to trade in my RJM GT/22 so I've got more funds than I need for an XR-18 and considering going up-range as a result.

We're not using IEMs so personal mixing for practice isn't really useful for us.

How's the iPad app for that? I at least know how shitty the Behringer app is. :tearsofjoy:
Simple, effective.
I used the TF with faders. Great unit but a little bulky. Sound engineer never touched the faders, did it all from the app.
What I liked about it was the simplicity and the sound. Great effects in the tradition of SPX stuff.
I would pick this 10x over the Behringer stuff

I have an XR18 and X32. Both are great pieces of kit that should serve your purposes well. It's one of the rare instances where I actually choose the behringer over other options because it's actually a quality piece of gear on its own right.
Did not like the soundcraft I had.

I agree,
The X32 served me well for years beside losing a power supply once. The M32 is the same but a little better in a few aspects. The Faders and preamps are different but Functionally identical, with what appears to be the same software with a rebrand.
Thanks
Pauly

I have an XR18 and X32. Both are great pieces of kit that should serve your purposes well. It's one of the rare instances where I actually choose the behringer over other options because it's actually a quality piece of gear on its own right.
Did not like the soundcraft I had.

Others to look at that are solid, good features etc.
Presonus Studiolive rack mixers the 16r is one rack space
X32 rack
Allen heath qu pac and sb
Allen and heath new CQ models look good for what you describe
Yamaha Dm3 this one has faders and building surface but very compact.

I really like the soundcraft ui24. The onboard WiFi can get sketchy when 100+ phones show up after soundcheck. But with an outboard router it is a great sounding and a solid performing mixer. The built in fx are useable, but are their weakest point to me personally.

Back
Top Bottom