Behringer U-PHORIA UMC1820 and S/PDIF

Lvdb

Hello Friends,

I'm afraid I've hit a wall trying to get my U-PHORIA UMC1820 and Axe-FX mk1 to sync clocks with the end goal of achieving S/PDIF reamping. I have connected afx out to umc in and umc out to afx in (s/pdif) but there is no option for Coaxial s/pdif as the sync source for the UMC within OS X's Audio Midi Setup, only internal and Optical S/PDIF in. Given the affordability of this rack mounted interface, I am surprised at the lack of information in my search for answers. I found a thread on another forum of someone syncing externally via coaxial S/PDIF on linux and am at a loss as to why this is not an option in the drop-down menu for OS X.

If anyone has any insight or needs more information to provide some, I would be very thankful!

Successfully sending dry with the axe-fx as master clock, unable to get the Behringer to act as master yet; Axe-Fx says no input clock when I set word clock to S/PDIF. Gonna see if I have jitter problems and revisit the issue if necessary, any thoughts?

So signal flows via s/pdif from the Axe-fx into the UMC but the axe fx says no input clock when I set input to s/pdif, anyone have thoughts on how to proceed?

Set the UMC to adat? For some reason that's made it work for me.

Edit: I also upgraded from a mk1 to xl+, never worked until then. Works like a dream now, clocks sync instantly and effortlessly.

Last edited:
Indeed, like I said I couldn't get 2 way s/pdif until I upgraded to a newer model. Which afx do you have?

I set the word clock to S/PDIF/AES in, regardless of analog or S/PDIF input setting the "no input clock" message will flash once upon booting my AFX then the clocks "lock in" and I'm good to go for on the fly playing + reamping at the twist of a knob.

Totally understand your frustration, my friend. I slammed my head against a wall for many hours until I resolved to the belief that it was something to do with the UMC being incompatible. I now believe that it's something to do with the MK1; if I were you and I didn't want to go on a conquest for the XL+ like I did I would purchase http://www.fullcompass.com/prod/111838-Neutrik-NA2MPMF-UW and see where that lands you.

Back
Top Bottom