Behringer FCB-1010

Kory

Hello Everyone,

I own an Axe-FX II and just bought the Behringer FCB-1010 (only because I could not afford the MFC-101!). I am totally ignorant of MIDI. Don't know how it works, don't know how to configure it.

I bought a USB to MIDI interface for my Mac. I connected the Midi-out to Midi-in on the Axe. I connected the Midi-out on the Axe to the Midi-in on the FCB-1010, and finally, the connected the Midi-out on the FCB-1010 to the Midi-in on the Mac USB Midi controller. I had this wild fantasy that it would all magically "work". But of course that is not the case.

I did read this thread:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/other-midi-controllers/24517-using-fcb101-axe-second-processor.html

It didn't help me.

Can some kind, patient soul walk me through exactly what I need to do to get these two unit working together? I would be so greatful!

Regards,
Kory

The USB-MIDI interface isn't really needed, assuming you can get a computer-Axe USB connection working.

Install the OS X driver from here: Fractal Audio Systems - Support

Connect Axe-FX to computer via USB. Connect FCB1010 MIDI Out to Axe-FX MIDI In.

FCB stock settings will probably allow changing presets with the switches. Making the expression pedals do what you want may require adjusting one or both devices.

Thank you, Bakerman. I am at least getting presets to change now when I stomp on some of the FCB pedals.

Your setup in the op was the wrong way round. Fcb out should go to AxeFx in. As B wrote.

To operate the pedals, go to the midi tab in the AxeFx, select the function you wish to control. It will wait for midi input. Rock the pedal and the AxeFx will say it is connected.
That's it.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9300 met Tapatalk

Thanks, Dutch. Can I do this using Axe-Edit on my Mac or only through the front panel interface?

Front panel is the easiest.
I don't think there is a way to program that in AE.
I used the UnO chip in the FCB1010 and the ripwerx pc editor to program it. In ripwerx I set the pedals CC to the parameters of the AxeFx.
But the easy way works fine if you don't want to program the FCB1010. Which is pretty tiresome without an editor.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9300 met Tapatalk

Thanks, Dutch. I went ahead and ordered the UnO chip as I cannot resist hacking. I'll d/l the ripwerx editor and play with it a bit. Hopefully there is a Mac OS/X equivelent to the ripwerx editor. Like I said, I'm new to MIDI and just learning the ropes.

Hopefully there is a Mac OS/X equivelent to the ripwerx editor.

I've heard that Ripwerx (written in Java) has issues with the JVM on a mac. I personally have never bothered to try it. Was a long time ripwerx user on Windows but when I got my mac I went with Xaviere's (he wrote the UnO firmware) editor: FCB/UnO Control Center. Great app.

Definitely get an editor. Programming the FCB1010 manually is a huge pain and quite time consuming. I use Ed Dixon's editor on PC which has a speadsheet view that makes editing multiple banks and programs a snap.

Hi guys,

Does anyeone here know how to programme a Behringer FCB1010 MIDI footswitch (without the Uno Chip) to switch between patches on my Axe FX Ultra without computer software? I want it to be rigged to use live so I don't want it to rely on a laptop to work. All I want to do is switch between the first four patches on the Axe FX, I'm not fussed about programming the expression pedals so getting the Uno Chip doesn't seem neccessary.

Could someone please give me step-by-step instructions on how to programme the footswitch to switch between patches on the Axe FX Ultra?

Apologies if the answer is simple, I'm quite new to all this. Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Tony

Hi guys,

Does anyeone here know how to programme a Behringer FCB1010 MIDI footswitch (without the Uno Chip) to switch between patches on my Axe FX Ultra without computer software?
Tony

Did you read post #4 on this thread by Dutch? May work on you AXE too.

The default settings for a non-uno equipped FCB do just that. If you need to default to factory settings, turn on the unit while holding down pedals 1 and 6. Keep them held until the display has counted down to zero, and you're good.

With factory settings, the FCB will send a program change number (i.e. "change to preset number") corresponding to the pedal number you press. So pedals one to four will let you switch between Axe Fx presets zero to three. (I may have got the offset the wrong way round - press the button and see what it changes to, and shuffle your Axe presets if necessary).

Pedal A will be automatically mapped to CC7, and pedal B to CC14 - so if you don't want to use them, check in the I/O menu on the Axe that those CC messages are not set to change anything. It's easier to do this than configure the FCB to turn them off.

Hope that helps!

I am having a bit of an issue with an FCB1010 (not chipped).

I have used these for a very long time with other processors so decided to get a new one to go with my Axe II XL.

The problem is that the expression pedals only kick in after I've moved them to almost half way. I have calibrated them and during the calibration process they seem to be sensitive almost right away - as soon as I move them the values begin to move. This signal isn't reaching the Axe until I get half way (including the MIDI IN LED and modifier editing screen ). I'll check it with another MIDI lead when I can get one but I just wondered if this is a common issue, or whether I need to do something else to the Axe for this to work properly.

EDIT: ps. The FCB patch changes don't have an offset if you use Direct Select.

Back
Top Bottom