Behold: The New FM3 MK II Turbo

Figures…🥴
It will be fun watching my 2 year old FM3 slip into oblivion.😜

Edit for update:
I thought I would clarify this post. This was really meant to be some “tongue in cheek” fun and not anything super serious. I’m writing this after watching some of the YouTube demo/introductions from the likes of Leon Todd and seeing some of the nasty comments the real haters are making. Most being illogical, uninformed and unfounded. This post was not meant to be that or any post I made since. The Mark II Turbo is great. It gets production of the FM3 form factor moving and it’s the same price. Genius IMHO.

Last edited:
I hope not 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

I should’ve have waited for the FM9 Turbo. I was literally 2 weeks off the release lol. Oh well. As long as they keep updating the FM3 OG lol

Actually the 10% boost and larger screens seems to be the only difference. The first thing I wonder is if there will be only one firmware for both units? Considering the confusion that sometimes run amok in the FM3 Firmware Beta threads, having a second should be interesting.

Actually the 10% boost and larger screens seems to be the only difference. The first thing I wonder is if there will be only one firmware for both units? Considering the confusion that sometimes run amok in the FM3 Firmware Beta threads, having a second should be interesting.
I think it wouldn't make practical sense to Fractal to have yet another firmware version to support.
So fingers crossed that nothing changes for existing FM3 owners (like myself)

I would guess not. There's 2 versions of the FM9 and only one firmware/beta for those. My hunch is that
would apply to the FM3 as well.

Lets see how it pans out in real world use but on paper it's kinda underwhelming? Still won't allow dual-amps / cabs (not that I'd need them). Sounds more like a "facelift" of the Mk I - which is by no means a bad thing; I also get that there should be a difference to the FM9 - which probably are exactly the dual-amps / cabs. Anyway, loving my Mk I and never really encountered any issues with it / the CPU.

Lets see how it pans out in real world use but on paper it's kinda underwhelming? Still won't allow dual-amps / cabs (not that I'd need them). Sounds more like a "facelift" of the Mk I - which is by no means a bad thing; I also get that there should be a difference to the FM9 - which probably are exactly the dual-amps / cabs. Anyway, loving my Mk I and never really encountered any issues with it / the CPU.
Yeah, totally agree with you and everyone. It’s a nice addition, but not something that makes so much of a difference that I’m too jealous.😉

Agree - I'd also just see it as a small upgrade instead of keeping delivering hardware that's a couple years old by now, without it being a reason for anyone to truly upgrade. Just going with the times.

That said - as underwhelming as it might sound on paper: The option of having perhaps two to three cheap blocks more is quite interesting for kitchen sink style presets which I wouldn't say no to :)

I'm always stoked about hardware improvements and the new displays look cool. But, man, 10% doesn't seem like a big game changer to me. Definitely nice, but I don't think it would make a huge impact for me.

I said if I had a turbo fm3 it would be enough to be my main unit. Needed that extra 10% to match what I have in my fm9 standard. The headphone jack, bigger display are a bonus since I have the original fm3. I'll be selling my fm9 standard and once the 3 turbo is in I'll sell my fm3. Definitely worth it for me.

Back
Top Bottom