Beauty of the Ideal - what grabs you

In life I see truth, beauty, and simplicity as key cornerstones on which the foundations of knowledge and meaning are built. The most direct method of informing the self for evolution and progress is practice, usually of proven, tested methods one can source as they see fit. The information must always be truthful, factual, and available for everyone to understand and comprehend (universality), and the form of truth is as varied as the words to describe it. That is a long preamble to say this: I think the most beautiful thing in our multiverse is the natural world, Nature.

Landscape photos on a google image search yield countless displays of the perfection of the cosmos, and the infinity of variation is all gorgeous. What had me pensive was a very small but significant question - what do I find more beautiful ? A natural landscape with the perfect, ideal light, weather conditions, and include anything else OR A gorgeous woman? The female element, has been used in art, philosophy and indeed, all of life, but now I am looking at the human female vs the female natural world.

To boil it down to one question: What inspires me more, A gorgeous woman as the subject, or the Natural world, which is the greater subject

What inspires you these days? Do you have a Muse? and what is more compellingly Attractive - a gorgeous muse or the Muse Mother Earth?

Interesting question. But I’m not sure I’d try to quantify one over the other as we are wired to respond to each differently. I’ve seen some amazing things in nature, but none have compelled me to reproduce. Both are inspiring, but they don’t share the same circuit

I recently took my bass player down the great ocean road (his first time), and at one point during the drive he asks “why do we always feel better in nature?”

I think there are a number of reasons for this, but to your “inspiring aesthetic” point, I think that, as people who live in a world constructed of geometry, and who spend nearly all of their adult lives staring at, and being informed by, a screen of some form or another... the (near) lack of the of the same geometric structure in nature is visually startling to us, and perhaps even slightly alters our neurochemistry balance (increase serratonin?). I think the fractal nature of nature is appealing to us on a base level, for reasons we don’t fully understand (Jackson pollock as an example)...of course, that’s just my opinion and I’ve been quarantined for weeks with an abundance of weed....so yeah.

As someone who photographs women for a living, I can say that they are all inspiring. Different of course, but so is every sunset.

I think the important thing is seeking inspiration, in whatever form that may be, rather than waiting for it.

My muse is anything that makes me better than I was yesterday...which can be any number of things, including those you mentioned.

Anyway, enjoyed your post.

Stay safe.

My muse is anything that gives me a sense of transcendence. I remember reading Plato’s Symposium a long time ago in college, and it stuck with me this idea that we seek something higher than ourselves, something Beautiful. That can be found in many things, and often differs from person to person.

For me music is often that source of Beauty. Think about how a favorite song sort of sweeps you up, fills you, and it’s almost like you are floating above it. Sometimes these are climactic moments like Daltrey’s “Yeah!!” near the end of Won’t Get Fooled Again. Sometimes they are quiet moments like the first time the “it makes me wonder” part comes in during Stairway to Heaven. Sometimes it’s just a simple loud G chord coming through my favorite Axe preset.

I think nature is a source of that as well because it’s magnificence is easy to get swept up in, the idea of a “breathtaking view.” At those moments you just feel like part of something bigger.

Thanks for that post.

Until the shutdown I had a gig running tours to Rocky Mtn National Park and other places in Colorado. Even though I was there up to 4 days a week, it always inspired me - the beauty of the mountains, the changing light, the clouds, the elk, the forests, the snow... and I absolutely felt like a part of something bigger. When most people are staring at a monitor in a cubicle all day, I felt so fortunate to spend my day talking with people while outside in the magnificence of nature. And it isn't only the "grandeur" aspect - it could just as easily be the shape of the bark on a tree, the colors in a pebble, or the flow of water in a stream.

Music has the same effect for me. It might be a big musical moment, or it might just be a single chord or note that encompasses the beauty of harmony and life. One voice singing, or a huge crescendo.

Of late, the company of nature is preferable to the company of humans. Sadly, stuck in a 1300 square foot house with two selfish extrovert females, one 54, the other, 15.
MEME2020-04-05-08-19-39.jpg

All of God's creation and creatures are an amazement to me, and an endless inspiration in both positive and negative subject matter. I love being out in the natural world; forests, mountains, beaches especially. But people are more quirksome and diverse, you can never know all there is to know about them. There is certainly beauty out there, and it can be found anywhere you can get beyond yourself and look. But there is also the difficult, dark, and even evil side of things. And while I don't admire that side, I can still find myself fascinated by it. Inspiration is everywhere.

I'm not sure what takes precedence these days, creating or improving. It's kind of a chicken or the egg situation because one will always lead to the other.

I'm happiest and most inspired when I start creating, while always looking to improve upon what I've done before, that's an always in the music sense. On a personal/human level, to be frank, I used to be a piece of shit. I did a lot of things in life that I'm not proud of and it took me a long time to fully realize my own actions. A large part of it came from my upbringing and some personality aspects that are often found in trauma victims, so there was always a scapegoat I could, and did, fall back on that relieved me of responsibility for my own actions. In my late 20's (the knowledge of Saturn's Return had a lot to do with this) I became highly aware of who I was as a person and did not like what I saw. I was very manipulative, often using anger to manipulate a situation, I wasn't truthful in many situations and I didn't appreciate the good things I had in life.

I had a rubber band effect with all that once coming to those conclusions and started to really beat the hell out of myself mentally. It took me a good 6 years to stop torturing myself over my past. Thankfully, that's entirely behind me now and I'm quite appreciative of the person I turned out to be. I still have a day here and there where I'll be quite hard on myself, but it'll be for something stupid like, "You didn't build this pedalboard the way you set out to, you've let yourself down again." instead of "You threw a plate across the kitchen at work and smashed it on a wall, nearly injuring several people and causing the manager to throw out $5,000 worth of food." (that exact incident was the catalyst for me to start improving my behavior).

Because of the leaps and bounds I've made as a human, I'm always inspired to keep pushing ahead to see what else I can do. Musically, I'm always surprising myself by creating an entire song out of thin air and having zero clue that I was capable of writing it or even knowing where the hell it came from and it gets me fired up to move on to the next song. That's why the album I've been writing has taken me 3 years, I keep doing better than what I did before.

To me all things are inspiring in their own way, if you think about everything that had to go into its making in a certain way in order for you to see something or someone in their current form.

Whether it is the mighty rock formation formed from a bubbling mixture of the correct chemical components, forced up through the crust of the earth with the proper amount of tectonic force, and honed by massive glaciers, wind, rain, ice wedging, and animal activity, or the evolutionary process, environmental factors, and animal activity that make a tree near my house appear the way it does right now to me, it's all truly awesome.

To me, it's not only women and the natural world that I find inspiring, but the little things that most people probably don't notice and take for granted that are truly amazing when you think how they came to be.

For example, take the humble set screw that keeps most modern door knobs in place around the world, whether in US, Europe, South America, or Asia. Someone had to make a determination that a fastener of this design was needed for this task and design it. Someone had to design the machine that was capable of producing the fasteners in volume and dimensional tolerance to be effectively and economically used in the manufacturing design of the door knob, The components of the machine also had to be designed and manufactured in such a way, that producing the part repetitively was possible. Then people had to extract and manipulate the raw materials of nature to make all that happen. All the people who came up with these things had to disseminate their knowledge so that they could afford to live and scale the passage of knowledge so that it didn't die with a single person. To me, that is also very beautiful to ponder.

I use the set screw example with my teams to show them the most humble of components makes an impact in their lives when it's not there (in the demo, I remove the set screw, let door knob fall to the floor, and ask a volunteer to open the door without it). I explain there is beauty in everything if you take the time to learn about the efforts and knowledge used to make it happen.

Last edited:
One of the most inspiring moments of my life was when I first visited the great pyramids in Egypt. To sit in that taxi bus and then slowly see the pyramids rise up over the houses until they dwarf everything. And then you step out and take them in and you realize that humans built these. That if humans with primitive tools but with human ingenuity built these massive stone structures then there is no limit to what we can do today.

But I've always found human architecture to be inspiring and worth visiting. But I come from a country which basically has no nature. The Netherlands is entirely man made, even its wild parks. Maybe if I lived in a country which had same actual awe inspiring nature I would appreciate it more. And of course the ladies are always inspiring. I once wrote two songs when the news came along with my favorite news reader and I was just mindlessly playing the guitar.

I'm not sure what takes precedence these days, creating or improving. It's kind of a chicken or the egg situation because one will always lead to the other.

I'm happiest and most inspired when I start creating, while always looking to improve upon what I've done before, that's an always in the music sense. On a personal/human level, to be frank, I used to be a piece of shit. I did a lot of things in life that I'm not proud of and it took me a long time to fully realize my own actions. A large part of it came from my upbringing and some personality aspects that are often found in trauma victims, so there was always a scapegoat I could, and did, fall back on that relieved me of responsibility for my own actions. In my late 20's (the knowledge of Saturn's Return had a lot to do with this) I became highly aware of who I was as a person and did not like what I saw. I was very manipulative, often using anger to manipulate a situation, I wasn't truthful in many situations and I didn't appreciate the good things I had in life.

I had a rubber band effect with all that once coming to those conclusions and started to really beat the hell out of myself mentally. It took me a good 6 years to stop torturing myself over my past. Thankfully, that's entirely behind me now and I'm quite appreciative of the person I turned out to be. I still have a day here and there where I'll be quite hard on myself, but it'll be for something stupid like, "You didn't build this pedalboard the way you set out to, you've let yourself down again." instead of "You threw a plate across the kitchen at work and smashed it on a wall, nearly injuring several people and causing the manager to throw out $5,000 worth of food." (that exact incident was the catalyst for me to start improving my behavior).

Because of the leaps and bounds I've made as a human, I'm always inspired to keep pushing ahead to see what else I can do. Musically, I'm always surprising myself by creating an entire song out of thin air and having zero clue that I was capable of writing it or even knowing where the hell it came from and it gets me fired up to move on to the next song. That's why the album I've been writing has taken me 3 years, I keep doing better than what I did before.
Excellent post, thanks for the honesty and fwiw it sounds like you’ve come far as a person by leaps and bounds as well man

and what is more important these days, as we have created everything there is almost, in a way, all we have been doing since the 1950s(atomicage) has been mostly improving

it takes even a genius to stand on the shoulders of the giants in the past to continue on the good work in whatever respective field they come from , and I think where we have come, it has becomemore importantto gain a deeper understanding of the world and our creations and subsequent impact,rather than running on the next “discoverY”

People have lost Their humility and reverence- the humility one should possess towards the self as an extension of nature and all others, and reverence for the derivation of any “discovery “ one wishes to claim credit for

in a sense, we are all a reflection of nature and each other, and all are a part of the universe (if you want to call the totality of this package God I have no issue with that, nor can I personify said I infinity) so if we return to nature, as this virus is forcing us to, then the solutions will present themselves

its just the nature of a bountiful, endless universe.
To me all things are inspiring in their own way, if you think about everything that had to go into its making in a certain way in order for you to see something or someone in their current form.

Whether it is the mighty rock formation formed from a bubbling mixture of the correct chemical components, forced up through the crust of the earth with the proper amount of tectonic force, and honed by massive glaciers, wind, rain, ice wedging, and animal activity, or the evolutionary process, environmental factors, and animal activity that make a tree near my house appear the way it does right now to me, it's all truly awesome.

To me, it's not only women and the natural world that I find inspiring, but the little things that most people probably don't notice and take for granted that are truly amazing when you think how they came to be.

For example, take the humble set screw that keeps most modern door knobs in place around the world, whether in US, Europe, South America, or Asia. Someone had to make a determination that a fastener of this design was needed for this task and design it. Someone had to design the machine that was capable of producing the fasteners in volume and dimensional tolerance to be effectively and economically used in the manufacturing design of the door knob, The components of the machine also had to be designed and manufactured in such a way, that producing the part repetitively was possible. Then people had to extract and manipulate the raw materials of nature to make all that happen. All the people who came up with these things had to disseminate their knowledge so that they could afford to live and scale the passage of knowledge so that it didn't die with a single person. To me, that is also very beautiful to ponder.

I use the set screw example with my teams to show them the most humble of components makes an impact in their lives when it's not there (in the demo, I remove the set screw, let door knob fall to the floor, and ask a volunteer to open the door without it). I explain there is beauty in everything if you take the time to learn about the efforts and knowledge used to make it happen.
I also think the small things make ALL the difference, like if the devil is in the details then gimme a one way ticket, (on the highway to hell!!!!!! AC/DC )....

But I get your point, and I totally agree with people missing the amazing miracles of the mundane

Actually people take impermanence for granted, otherwise we would appreciate life and what we have so much more, and in doing so, I believe humanity would naturally have more respect for each other and most importantly that humility and reverence ^
One of the most inspiring moments of my life was when I first visited the great pyramids in Egypt. To sit in that taxi bus and then slowly see the pyramids rise up over the houses until they dwarf everything. And then you step out and take them in and you realize that humans built these. That if humans with primitive tools but with human ingenuity built these massive stone structures then there is no limit to what we can do today.

But I've always found human architecture to be inspiring and worth visiting. But I come from a country which basically has no nature. The Netherlands is entirely man made, even its wild parks. Maybe if I lived in a country which had same actual awe inspiring nature I would appreciate it more. And of course the ladies are always inspiring. I once wrote two songs when the news came along with my favorite news reader and I was just mindlessly playing the guitar.
totally! When I saw them I was very young, and I didn’t appreciate it as much, though I did go wild there, going in and out of the pyramids, but it was the outside That I later realized was the true wonder, seeing that man made wonder of perfect symmetry and near permanence in structural integrity, against the arid desert sunscape .... man, what an inspiring memory...thank you!

ass momma sweat pants - Google Search.png
Ok so basically I’ve been cooped up for a month and I looked out my window and basically saw a woman walking outside like that^^^, and while I would definitely say she was attractive with a very very curvy body, on the bottom heavy side, extremely thick legs, thighs, and honestly, a really really nice, round, and big but like firm [not sloppy but not an athlete, just one of those girls that doesnt have to work out to stay right and thick] but what the little me was seeing was this

fat ass dominican momma sweat pants - Google Search.png

First of all, both women, are gorgeous.and i mean that sincerely. It’s just the second woman is so outrageously curvy that it shouldnt be allowed, at all....like i have the answer on the flip side of the coin - lust/unbridled desire obscures the perception of beauty - meaning There is no ideal when your balls are blue

^^^ thats a beautiful thing, my god!, on a side note

Back
Top Bottom