Beat It solo with factory Ultra preset

Paul Warren

I was inspired by seeing another guy's recent takes on this solo, so I just plugged and played with no real tweaking on the Eruption preset on my new Ultra. Obviously, the camera is just picking up the sound via its own mic. It's all coming through a couple of Event studio monitors. I'm slowly but surely getting into using my new amp more and thoroughly enjoying it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CWBZLRk ... annel_page

And yes, I know it isn't accurate, but it's the general idea of me ripping off some EVH. :)

paul

Hey, another Petrucci fanboy :lol:

joke ;) I'm a member at JP's forum, too.

Welcome Paul! A nice clip to introduce yourself.

Seb

Hey Paul, I had to do a double take to make sure I wasn't on the Petrucci forum when I saw your username (for anyone that doesn't know, Paul is the moderator of the John Petrucci forum). I saw this same thread over there but didn't read past the first page and didn't realize you were using an Axe FX in the video, or even had one.

Great playing and tone (from what I can tell from the camera's mic anyway). Good job. :D

Thanks guys! I'm such a newbie with my Ultra still, but when I get a moment here or there, it's good fun. Neither of my personal computers will run the new Axe Edit software, so I'm a bit stuck with that at the moment but looking forward to when I can finally use it! :)

Back
Top Bottom