Legacy Presets Bay Area Metal Giants Vol.1 & 2 out now! (METALLICA presets) XL+ & AX8

Third party presets or preset packs for sale for legacy Fractal Audio products.
Jon, I own 1 and 2 for the axefx2,is there anyway I can buy the tonematch cab ir's for the Ax8 so I can convert the Metallica presets from Axefx2 to the Axefx3 and use the Ax8 TM IR's
Thanks Gary

Hey everyone,

Just want to let you guys know that these presets are still awesome for the Axe Fx XL+ (II or XL also) and AX8.
I have not tested them on the III so I can't comment on that.
If you want to run these on the III, buy them at your own risk.
Some folks have done that and done it succesfully but I just can't make any guarantees.

I thought it could be cool to make a special covid deal for you guys so from today until the end of June the price will be 60 euros for both packs.

Cheers and rock on!

Hi
I have a question
the presets are made as a preset for each particular song complete with all scenes (clean, distorted, solo boosted...) or you mean preset as for example MOP CLEAN as a preset 1 and MOP SOLO as preset 2 and so on... I hope you understand what I mean.
Why I am asking ... I have AX8 for only a couple of weeks and am not so skill with it. The matter is, when your presets are as separate for each kind of sound, so how I can make a “complete” preset which will include clean and distorted sound in separate scenes inside a preset for one song ?
Do there exist something like CTRL+C and CTRL+V ? ;) to copy between separate presets ?
To do it manually, oh noooo....
Thanks

hi guys i am a computer MONG someone tell me what the steps are to get these onto the AX8, I have downloaded the files from the email Jon sent opened Fractool and dragged the first Metallica vol 1 Rar file across and nothing obviously my AX8 is connected to computer via USB and power is on have i to convert the files first to Sys file then do Fractool. Im losing my mind here lol

hi guys i am a computer MONG someone tell me what the steps are to get these onto the AX8, I have downloaded the files from the email Jon sent opened Fractool and dragged the first Metallica vol 1 Rar file across and nothing obviously my AX8 is connected to computer via USB and power is on have i to convert the files first to Sys file then do Fractool. Im losing my mind here lol
RAR files are compressed archives (think of squished folder full of files). You'll need need a decompression utility to get to the files inside. I think Windows 10 comes a default tool (probably available by right clicking on the file) otherwise you can install something like 7zip. I'm a Mac user, so don't know the ins and outs of Windows these days. Once you decompress the file, you should have all the "Axe recognized" preset files, then drag and drop away.

If that ever happens I could finally sell my IIXL+ and use the FM3 exclusively... or get a III! This pack is the reason I can't let it go. Yes, its that good.
An incompatible 6 year old preset pack is stopping you from buying new gear?

Hi Jon!
Are AX8 presets compatible with AXE III?
If I understand correctly, I should use AX8 presets with IR, convert them wtih FracTool and use a specific IR for specific preset?

I've bought the presets from Jon. As I mentioned before, I've chosen AX8 presets with IR.
After purchase I've converted all of them into AXE III presets via FracTool. It worked!
Presets sound very authentic and cool.

But I need to mention that some settings (ex. in "Drive" block) which weren't presented in AX8/AXE FX II could have incorrect values after converting via FracTool. But I'm sure that this isn't a big trouble.

If you have any questions about my experience with converting and using these presets fell free to DM me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom