Bass preset with no amp or cab sim.

DLM

Power User
This is a general purpose bass preset that doesn't use an amp or cab sim. What it uses instead for its tone is a compressor, followed by two graphic eqs. I've also included a variety of effects to use. Here's a rundown of the preset:

CMP -> GEQ1 -> GEQ2 -> WAH -> ENH -> PHR -> CHO -> DLY -> REV -> RES

Things to know:

GEQ1 is the bright GEQ.
GEQ2 is the mellow GEQ.

Only have one of the two GEQs enabled at any given time, either for bright or mellow. Never enable both. That would be equivalent to crossing the streams. (plus it'll clip like hell and sound like crap) ;)

WAH - This will sound better if you have your treble on your bass at mid to max, or your tone control maxed.

RES - This is a default resonator block mixed at 5% to give the sound a bit of a cabby feel without using a cab. I prefer it off generally, but it really depends on what sound you're looking for. Sometimes it's nice to have it on. :)

I tend to keep the enhancer on, because I play in headphones with stereo music, and it blends into what I'm listening to much better, plus it gives a pleasantness to the tone that I like.

General Info:

I keep my bass EQs on my basses all the way up for the bridge pickup and centered to maxed for the neck pickup depending on what I'm playing. My mid and treble EQs on the bass are typically set to mid. Treble is usually mid but can go to max sometimes depending on what I'm playing.

This preset was mixed in headphones, and you won't have my bass, headphones, monitors or whatever setup. This preset is intended to get you going. Tweak the EQs for your particular gear and setup.

That's about it. If you have any questions, just ask.

UPDATE NOTE: The phaser block needs it's level dropped to -2. It set to 0 in the preset, but it's causing clipping, so set it to -2 and it should be fine. I'm not updating the preset here, just make that one small change after you download it.

Last edited:
See the update note. I'm not updating the preset. Just make the one change noted in the Phaser block.

Back
Top Bottom