Bass patches in axe 2 firm 5?

trock

Inspired
Hey all

dumb question of the day but i just got my axe 2 and was going thru the new firm ver 5 and new axe dit last night and i saw a bunch of patches called "bassman" or somehow referncing a bass?

are these for bass guitars?

i know on my standard and the stuff i had didn't have patches for bass

but if we do now it changes everything on if i keep my eleven rack or not.

anyway, i am assuming they are and if so SWEET! but i didn't want to really assume

oh and if so how many are there and where are they all at?

thanks

The "Bassguy", both patch and amp, refers to Cliff's model of the Fender '59 Bassman amplifier. It was popular as a bass amp when it was made originally, but guitarists quickly fell in love with it also, and now it's a classic amongst guitarists. Hence its inclusion. :)

I'm assuming they're referring to a Fender Bassman which , ironically, is a guitar amp. I believe there is an ampeg SVT model in there though!

I have a couple (or three) bass patches that I use... one is 59 Bassguy based, the rest are SVT modeled.
Would love to see some more bass amps added. <hint, hint>

Though there are a number of us who use the AxeFx for bass (as well as guitar), there is really only one bona-fide bass-specific amp, which is the SVT model. However, there are so many tools at your disposal - including other guitar amp models - that work very well for constructing great bass tones, I could not really say that the AxeFx is an inferior piece of gear for bassists. TO THE CONTRARY! It sounds GREAT with bass. There have been numerous wishes for more bass amp models, but that shouldn't prevent you from getting a great bass sound. You don't necessarily have the "plug n play" selection of bass amps that guitarists enjoy with all of the amp models, but still, if you have the know-how and don't mind experimenting a bit, there is a world of great sounds for bass under the hood of the AxeFx.

ah, got ya

i normally run my bass thru an LA 610 direct but i had purchased the expansion pack fro the eleven rack specifically for the bass patches it contained.

i was hoping what i saw in the new fractal was for bass but i understand what they are now

that's cool, sometimes i like the presets that i can get quickly thru the eleven that gives me some cool new sounds for bass that i cannot dial in on my own thru the 610 direct

anyway, i would love to have someone point me to some presets they have done for bass on the fractal? or tell me where to start to build my own. i just don't know enough about bass setups to even know where to start on the fractal

thanks

honestly, just put the SVT bass amp sim in there, and then ad the 8x10 aluminum or 1x15 cab and tweak. You should be able to pull a solid bass tone from that. Maybe not anything legendary, but at least very usable in no time. Also check the patch sharing thread, im sure some of the patches shared in the axe fx collection have been made for bass.

I freaked out the band with a bass patch the other week. THey were looking around to see where it was coming from, especially the bass player. It's since been added to my standard 15 patches.

Smilefan had some bass patches over in the preset section.. not sure though if they were more for use with a guitar or what. I have yet to try them. You can search for his name in the title, although I think his threads tend to stay on the first page of that section.

Though there are a number of us who use the AxeFx for bass (as well as guitar), there is really only one bona-fide bass-specific amp, which is the SVT model. However, there are so many tools at your disposal - including other guitar amp models - that work very well for constructing great bass tones, I could not really say that the AxeFx is an inferior piece of gear for bassists. TO THE CONTRARY! It sounds GREAT with bass. There have been numerous wishes for more bass amp models, but that shouldn't prevent you from getting a great bass sound. You don't necessarily have the "plug n play" selection of bass amps that guitarists enjoy with all of the amp models, but still, if you have the know-how and don't mind experimenting a bit, there is a world of great sounds for bass under the hood of the AxeFx.

So true. When I got the unit I didn't really expect much, what with only the SVT, but once I started messing with the guitar amps and different cab combinations, I found what I needed pretty quickly. It turned out way better than I thought it would.

Back
Top Bottom