Bass cab/IR: Ownhammer or ML?

swartzfeger

Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone has tried the Ampeg captures from OH and ML. For $30 it's not much of a gamble and plan on buying both (eventually)... but I recently dropped $2300 on my XL+, another $300 tomorrow for a third (!) bass, a few more bills for setup and various odds and ends. I really need to tighten my wallet before the end of the year.

Any feedback on these? Do you have a preference, or comparison with the default bass IRs?

Thanks!

I have both. They're both good, I'm using OH at the minute as I managed to find what I needed more quickly. Often that is what it comes down to, otherwise I'd be spending forever on what if's - if I find what I was looking for I go with it.

The OH pack is maybe a little more versatile due to being two cabs (410 and 210) though to be honest I've stuck with the 410s so far.

I love the OH pack and use it all the time.
There are various cab, mic and eq options but still very easy to use.
Very affordable too.
All my recent soundcloud clips use that pack:
Soundcloud.com/jonsymonsmusic

I guess I'll chime in here as well. :) I strongly suggest you base your opinion based on the clips that you hear.

Here's a video demonstration I shot for Cab Pack 11: ML SV Bass:

Here are some clips with Cab Pack 11: ML SV Bass:

I guess I'll chime in here as well. :) I strongly suggest you base your opinion based on the clips that you hear.

Here's a video demonstration I shot for Cab Pack 11: ML SV Bass:

Well, I was leaning toward the OH, simply because of the quantity of captures in the collection. That collection, however, is .wav only (as far as I could tell from their page), and I don't have CabLab yet. Watching the ML SV tutorial and having the IRs in a .syx ready format was the deciding factor.

Excited to get started with these, thanks Mikko! :)

Well, I was leaning toward the OH, simply because of the quantity of captures in the collection. That collection, however, is .wav only (as far as I could tell from their page), and I don't have CabLab yet. Watching the ML SV tutorial and having the IRs in a .syx ready format was the deciding factor.

Excited to get started with these, thanks Mikko! :)
That's good to hear swartzfeger. :) I'd love to hear what you come up with. I shortly discussed this pack in yesterday's AxeFxTutorials Twitch.

Check it out:

Around 1h52min is where I shortly discuss the bass pack. Sadly we didn't have a bass so we could've demonstrated it a bit better but I did my best to explain what the job for a bass IR is.

You'll appreciate Cab Pack 11 A LOT when you're in a mix context. It's comparable to IR's with clean guitar. :)

Just a quick shout -- I wanted to do a recording for y'all but haven't had time yet due to the holidays. Bottom line -- love the Cab Pack 11 IRs. The SM57 sounds so 'right'. Great work, Mikko!

Just a quick shout -- I wanted to do a recording for y'all but haven't had time yet due to the holidays. Bottom line -- love the Cab Pack 11 IRs. The SM57 sounds so 'right'. Great work, Mikko!
Good to hear man! The single mics are perfect when you want maximum cut and brightness while sounding natural. :)

The OH bass pack is exceptional. It has a lot of diversity, and I actually find myself using the 210 as much if not more than the 410, and the mixes really help to make it easy to find the tone you want quickly.

Thanks to FAS, the free version of Cab Lab (Cab Lab Lite) was released, so you can convert the WAV files now.

The OH bass pack is exceptional. It has a lot of diversity, and I actually find myself using the 210 as much if not more than the 410, and the mixes really help to make it easy to find the tone you want quickly.

Thanks to FAS, the free version of Cab Lab (Cab Lab Lite) was released, so you can convert the WAV files now.
Yeah, what Justin said.
I use the 4x10 though but all the options do sound great.
The file I like to use most is the 410 ribbon eq one.
Sounds so meaty and realistic.

Back
Top Bottom