Bass Amps?

Longhair

Inspired
I remember reading that there were going to be some bass amps added to firmware 10 but the only thing I see bass related is "and the last five are bass amp cabs."

Yeah, stuff changes I guess. Have you tried using any of the other amps to build a bass preset?
How about the "bassguy" models using some of the new bass cabs?
Think outside the box.. there's more than one way to get a bass preset....than with only the SV Bass amp. :)

Yeah - I personally find my current bass needs met by the SV model, but a lot of guys do a lot of different things to get bass presets. It would be cool to have a few more bass amps to start with, but you get what you get apparently. :mrgreen

Try the Tube Pre amp. Some guys use the USA Clean sims. Or skip the whole amp/cab thing and go for a DI sound using many different filters, compressors, etc. I'm going to dial in a few presets today myself. I've finally got some time to do so.

Hi,i just tried this...
1:Make a preset with AMP and CAB.
2:Make the cab Stereo
3:pan center

1:Frist IR use the Factory 113 (4x10+tweeter) 0db volum
and the Factory 110 (1x15 Subkick) and turn DOWN the vol on this ir -10 db volum

And the try "flipping" thru the amp`s (the first one i tried was the 1987x Treble) sounds good,old dirt amp sound
May whant to turn down the drive on some amps

Enjoy!

I wasn't able to get a usable clean tone out of 6" studio monitors with fw 9.02 that came remotely close to the 8" practice amp no matter how many times I tried.

I just used the SV amp model with the Cab recommended on the Wiki and tweaked it to my ears for the most pleasing sound to me.

I wasn't able to get a usable clean tone out of 6" studio monitors with fw 9.02 that came remotely close to the 8" practice amp no matter how many times I tried.

6" studio monitors are a touch different from an 8" bass amp speaker. I am using Adam A7s and I don't really expect to blow bras off women, but I am able to get some thick bass tones using the SVT. Granted, I'm running a Darkglass B7k in front of my amp sims from 9.02... That thing really made the difference to me between "hear bass notes and something like bass tone" to "F-YEAH! BASS!"

what are you using for a bass, style of music, pick or fingers or thumb, and what did your preset signal path look like? please describe more....we're here to help.

Back
Top Bottom