Bark At The Moon Direct plus dry clip using different guitar

Mark Day

FAS Artist-in-Residence
Fractal Audio Systems
Ok some folks are having trouble with my presets. Here are some clips.
This clip is BATM done direct with the preset below...no PT's plugins..just the AxeFx, 1 stereo track, no doubling.
http://www.netmusicians.org/index.php?section=id&value=4771

Here is the same preset recorded alone first with the Suhr Modern and no SPC control, then with the SPC then a Gibson LP with stock pickups. I had to really fight to keep the LP from getting too flubby.

http://www.netmusicians.org/index.php?section=id&value=4772

Here is the preset, you can use the Global EQ's flat on OUT 1 and OUT 2. I took out the midi controllers and also removed the 2nd noise gate so Standard owners can try it without issues.
If you get a chance to try it post back the results whether they are positive or negative. as you can hear from the clips I tend to use more gain than most folks...sorry about that.
I had the delay in the preset bypassed for the dry clips and for the rhythm parts in BATM, I engaged the delay for both solos.

Mark

Attachments

• Mark\'s BATM no 2nd Gate.syx.zip
    729 bytes · Views: 62
Hi,
Everything should go smooth and easy this time with your patch.
Thanks a lot SamHill ..your work is truly appreciate.
Just one Q:
I do have a Gibson with fact. pick-ups..
what have you done to keep LP getting too flubby ????
I`m in big trouble with this...
( I followed your advices...and fixed the pick-up..etc..)
Is there something else I should try ?
Thank you very much,sir !

virgil said:
Hi,
Everything should go smooth and easy this time with your patch.
Thanks a lot SamHill ..your work is truly appreciate.
Just one Q:
I do have a Gibson with fact. pick-ups..
what have you done to keep LP getting too flubby ????
I`m in big trouble with this...
( I followed your advices...and fixed the pick-up..etc..)
Is there something else I should try ?
Thank you very much,sir !

In order to keep the Gibson tight....I had to physically pick much more aggressively.....but it was still kind of flubby.

I prefer my LP with Blackouts and EMG SPC tone...but that's me :)

Mark

Finally got round to trying out and recording some quick examples of Mark Day's BATM patches he posted.

Here are where the files are just right click on the file then download:

http://www.fileden.com/browser.php?

He posted 2 that i know of so i've labelled them 1 and 2 respectively. I am using a Schecter Blackjack with Duncan Blackouts AHB-1's. I'm coming out of OUT2 into a Fostex FD4( :lol: ) then into my PC soundcard and recording with Adobe Audition 2.

Hope this works, i'm new to all this stuff ;)

Also posted my own rythmn distortion sound so check that out while your there! :D

Sam and others ... Bark at the Moon's main riff is, for some reason, really tricky for me. I have perfect pitch so can figure out the notes involved, but I'm unclear where they are played. Excluding the open A string pedal of course, I can think of two possibilities ... first three strings, mostly 2nd 3rd and 5th frets, or ... strings 2 through 4, frets 7 8 and 10. Mark and others, how do you approach this one?

Deltafit said:
Finally got round to trying out and recording some quick examples of Mark Day's BATM patches he posted.

Here are where the files are just right click on the file then download:

http://www.fileden.com/browser.php?

He posted 2 that i know of so i've labelled them 1 and 2 respectively. I am using a Schecter Blackjack with Duncan Blackouts AHB-1's. I'm coming out of OUT2 into a Fostex FD4( :lol: ) then into my PC soundcard and recording with Adobe Audition 2.

Hope this works, i'm new to all this stuff ;)

Also posted my own rythmn distortion sound so check that out while your there! :D

Sorry, i don't think my above links will work so please try these:

Mark Day BATM 1.mp3

Mark Day BATM 2.mp3

And my own patch ;) :

AxeFx Rythmn Patch.mp3

Hopefully these will work...i'm new to this filesharing malarky.

JMZ93 said:
Sam and others ... Bark at the Moon's main riff is, for some reason, really tricky for me. I have perfect pitch so can figure out the notes involved, but I'm unclear where they are played. Excluding the open A string pedal of course, I can think of two possibilities ... first three strings, mostly 2nd 3rd and 5th frets, or ... strings 2 through 4, frets 7 8 and 10. Mark and others, how do you approach this one?

4th, 3rd, 2nd strings :) and 5th string for pedaltone.

Mark

Back
Top Bottom