Bareknuckle Silo in my Anderson Pro Am

Megadebt

Experienced
It's my birthday tomorrow. My sister asked me what I want for my birthday, so, ...

I ordered a Bareknuckle Silo Bridge Pickup to go in my Anderson Pro Am that has a basswood body, maple neck, and rosewood fingerboard. It is replacing an Anderson H3 Pickup.

Can't wait to check it out!

I'll see what i can do...

I ordered a Jonard Ws-5 wire stripper for the very thin wires on the pro am. My stripper wouldnt work. Waiting on the pickup to arrive.

Absolutely love my Polymaths. The Silos are definitely on my list.

Can you tell me more about the Polymaths? Like, what do you love about them? What pickups did you use before them?

Searched out this thread because I'm looking into possibly getting a set myself as a replacement for my SD Pegasus/Sentient set so I'd appreciate any input!

Can you tell me more about the Polymaths? Like, what do you love about them? What pickups did you use before them?

Searched out this thread because I'm looking into possibly getting a set myself as a replacement for my SD Pegasus/Sentient set so I'd appreciate any input!
I picked up a used Charvel San Dimas to use as a shred stick and immediately hated the Seymour Duncan JB that was in the bridge. It was too bass/low mid-heavy for my tastes, given I’ve been spoiled by scatter-wound A2 PAF’s. It was also brittle in the top end.

The Polymaths cover a wider midrange making them, in my opinion, more neutral and absolutely no brittleness. The secret sauce is the un-oriented A5.

The bridge will do anything from hot PAF to Djent. The neck is very chewy and does anything from Petrucci to Andy Timmons/SRV when wired in parallel. All of the demos on YouTube are perfect examples of what they’ll do.

Those are Rabea's sig pickups yes? I've always been curious to try. Look forward to hearing what you think after the install! BKP's are awesome

I love Rabea - crushing player, gives great demos and gets awesome tones.
But it's interesting to see that YouTubers have signature pick ups. Different world we live in now.
And yes I know he plays live as well with Leo (Frog Leap), but if you google Rabea - his name pops up as 'YouTuber'

Back
Top Bottom