Bank on/off via cc

New Axe Fx Ultra user with a GC Pro. The question isn't really related to the GC Pro and is probably simple so I apologise in advance. (I did search).

Can banks be turned on and off with control messages? I know that I can set the mix parameter from 0 to a value in a bank with a control message and basically achieve the same thing but can a bank actually be bypassed and then activated via an external control change message?

eg. Switching a drive bank in and out in a preset instead of programming up 2 separate presets.

Cheers,
Jamie

Do you mean block?

Yes you can by pass a block. If you go to IO - CTRL on the Axe-fx. You will see a buch of parameters with numbers next to them. The numbers are CC# of the effects. If you scroll down you will see drive 1 is one of the block choices. If you set the ground control to send a message of 0 on its CC# it will bypass the effect, a value of 127 to turn it on.

so if the drive is set to CC#25 on the axe-fx, you would send a CC# of 25 from your foot controller with a value of 0 to bypass the drive and a value of 127 to turn on

Back
Top Bottom