Balanced Output Connection

Out's 1 & 2 are unbalanced, so there is only one signal out. The humbuster connection monitors the ground at the far end and does not carry signal.

So the answer to your questions are no and yes.

Danny W.

Guess I was confused by the stress on the connection cabling in the link vs. just saying that the outputs were unbalanced, regardless of the cable used. At least there's the benefit of lower noise.

Just a little more clarity....

The XLR'S on output 1 are balanced connections. The 1/4 inch outputs on 1 and 2 are unbalanced.
The humbuster technology is built in when using a TRS to TS cable so you can achieve up to a 20db reduction in ground noise. This is mainly used for reducing noise in the four cable method (4CM)

Hope that helps

Would the specialized cabling have any noticeable advantage when using just a power amp and guitar cabs? Seems like less noise is always better!

If when you say 'specialized' cabling...meaning a humbuster cable? ....then no. You will not need this cable using a power amp and guitar cab.
Just use 1/4 inch cables from output 1 L/R to your power amp inputs. Not sure if you have a stereo guitar cab etc...use left and right for stereo (or two separate cabs)

If using a guitar cab you may want to turn off cab sims.
Depending on your power amp you may want power amp sims turned on.

If when you say 'specialized' cabling...meaning a humbuster cable? ....then no. You will not need this cable using a power amp and guitar cab.
Just use 1/4 inch cables from output 1 L/R to your power amp inputs. .

This is not necessarily so. I had a noticeable buzzing noise and high-pitched whistle that were eliminated by using humbuster cables, running out 1 into the returns of a guitar amps.

Danny W.

This is not necessarily so. I had a noticeable buzzing noise and high-pitched whistle that were eliminated by using humbuster cables, running out 1 into the returns of a guitar amps.

Danny W.

Agreed Danny....
I wasn't referring to an Amplifier head (using the return as power amp).

I was referring/assuming to a Stereo Power Amp. Which I am not sure....as he did not state what he was using.

Would the specialized cabling have any noticeable advantage when using just a power amp and guitar cabs? Seems like less noise is always better!
If you have ground loop noise, Humbuster cables will help with that. If you don't have ground loop noise, they won't help. Won't hurt, either.

I went ahead and made the cables anyway. It eliminated the issue of radio stations coming through my rig, so that's a bonus. Seems quieter when you're not playing too. FWIW I'm running a power amp in to guitar cabs.

I'm glad it worked for you. Sounds like maybe your old cables weren't well shielded. I used to have a cable that picked up nearby AM stations like crazy. I opened it up and found a very loose spiral shield. Replaced the cable —problem solved.

Back
Top Bottom