Bad Checksum when updating Standard

TFC

Inspired
Hi,

I just got a used Standard, version 10.03. I am trying to update to 11, but keep getting the "Bad Checksum" error when the transfer finishes. I have been able to back up banks and presets, so the connection between my computer and Axe is working. I'm guessing it has something to do with the large amount of data.

I have searched the forum and found that sometimes changing the buffer and/or delay time helps. I tried a few different values for each, but with no luck. I've also read that the M-Audio UNO works sometimes, but not others. I'm hoping not to have to buy a different MIDI-USB interface, if possible. Can anyone suggest things to try to get the firmware update to work?

Here's some more info:

Windows Vista (32-bit) SP1
Compaq laptop
M-Audio MIDIsport UNO
Axe-FX Standard, currently 10.03
Axe Edit 0.9.191/Firmware 10.02

Thanks for any help!

Have you got the most current M-Audio drivers ?
Have you tried MidiOx or Bome's SendSX - midi utilities that will send the firmware to the Axe?

I thought i read somewhere that the UNO was not a reliable interface to use? I did the firmware update with the 2X2 anniversary without any issues.

Have you got the most current M-Audio drivers ?
Have you tried MidiOx or Bome's SendSX - midi utilities that will send the firmware to the Axe?

I do have the latest drivers for the UNO. I used Axe Edit, not MidiOx or SendSX. I have MidiOx installed so I will try that. Are there any settings I can experiment with in MidiOx if I run into any issues?

Thanks for your responses s0c9 & Sixstring.

the-it-crowd-moss-and-roy.png

I'm also running Vista and got the "Bad Checksum" message 4 or 5 times in a row when I tried updating the other night (I've only gotten that message only once before in all the updates I have installed in almost 4 years). After trying everything else I could think of, I restarted my computer and got the "Good Checksum" message on the very next attempt.

So try "Turning it off and on again" and see if that helps. :)

P.S. I'm using a Midisport 2x2 with Midi-OX.

Last edited:
I had the same issue with Ultra. I tried with MidiOX and at that time I had also FCB1010 board hooked to the midi chain. Bad Checksum. I removed FCB1010 from the chain and tried with AxeEdit. Voilá, non problemos, tack så mycket, loppu hyvin kaikki hyvin.

Thanks everyone! Got it resolved. I switched off my computer and used MidiOx instead of Axe Edit. Not sure which enabled it to succeed (maybe both?), but I'm on version 11 now. :D

Back
Top Bottom