Backup failed?

JN99

So I am new to Fractal and just got my AX8 - purchased used and currently running firmware 6.02 (I think, it's 6 dot something). Before upgrading I wanted to do a backup so I ran the bot, started the backup and it ran for about 20-25 minutes or so and then looked like it hung or otherwise didn't complete successfully. No error messages, status message, nothing. It completed the cabs portion, or appeared to have done so, but the "backing up cabs" or whatever it said message never went away even after the status bar went to 100% and then reset. Never having done this I have no idea what should happen or what I shoudl see and the manual offers no insight in this area. At this point the bot was unresponsive, i.e. I could not switch to the send tab or do anything else. There was nothing indicating it was still running so I though maybe it had completed the backup but there were no backup files, just a single .syx file that's only 13k. 20-25 minutes, no messages, but no files either. What happened?

Talking to myself... I still have no idea what happened with the failed backup but I wasn't too worried since my goal was to basically "reset" the unit more than it was to back it up and the PO didn't have much in the way of user presets I was interested in keeping. So, I erased, reset, imported the factory presets, and upgraded to firmware 7.01 without a hitch. At some point I'll want to have backups so I will try again to see if I can get it to complete a successful backup.

Sometimes a bsckup can fail. Just look which banks have been saved succesfully, then back up the others.

No error, no status message at all? Not even a "backup complete" message? That's unusual.try another backup.

Note that a full backup of the AX8 takes about 40 minutes or so.

Back
Top Bottom