Backing Track Block?

You can't load a drum track into a preset, but you can play that drum track through your Axe via USB.
Hi Rex. Just following up on this thread from earlier this year rather than starting a new one. I've now got Ezy Drummer 2 running though a USB block in an Axe FX 3 preset. Do you know if it is possible to have this drum beat set the tempo for the looper to avoid temp drift between the looped riff and the drum beat?

I think the two are off not because the tempo drifts, but just because the looper takes a split second to stop recording and start playback they aren't in sync. It would be great if they were dead on, but I just reach over and stop SD3 and let the looped drums take over from there as a work around.

Hi Rex. Just following up on this thread from earlier this year rather than starting a new one. I've now got Ezy Drummer 2 running though a USB block in an Axe FX 3 preset. Do you know if it is possible to have this drum beat set the tempo for the looper to avoid temp drift between the looped riff and the drum beat?
From the manual:

1569475766424.png

Or you can plug in a smartphone and use that to play audio tracks....

Old iPhone for example can prove to be a great media player for backing tracks, and with the awesome routing on the III it’s super easy to mix in a backing track

Are you referring to the mini headphone out on the Iphone 6 and older phones? I’m a little miffed at Apple for taking that little audio out off of the 7 and newer. I’m thinking Apple needs to get a new Job(s).

Are you referring to the mini headphone out on the Iphone 6 and older phones? I’m a little miffed at Apple for taking that little audio out off of the 7 and newer. I’m thinking Apple needs to get a new Job(s).
Other companies have since done this too. Consumer electronics is going wireless and has been pushing it for years now.

we are in professional audio, and I personally don’t think an iPod or iPhone qualifies as such.

Get this.
It is brilliant.
View attachment 56363
It can also automatically change your patches via MIDI as it plays.
Agreed. Just started using this version, and it is amazing. It is also a recorder if you want to record live sets. Changes all the midi for scenes and presets, I even have it changing amp block channels so that there isn't any gaps. Plays back up to 24 different channels per track, so you can have a different channel for guitars, kicks drum, whatever you want. Very flexible and eye opening to what you can pull off live, without having to carry around a laptop.

1570042728026.png

Can the Cymatic play pre recorded synth pads? Triggered from an FC-12. Ideally with some control of fade in and fade out time. Or is that easier with an old iPad or iPhone.

Can the Cymatic play pre recorded synth pads? Triggered from an FC-12. Ideally with some control of fade in and fade out time. Or is that easier with an old iPad or iPhone.
It can play back any wav file pre-recorded track. For example I export individual sound effects, kick drum, clicks, etc all as separate tracks and then you put it together in Cymatic's software. There you can pan and adjust volume and then choose what the player is going to trigger. Super simple, I was up and running in less than an hour.

You can't control the Cymatic stuff with Midi though. It does all the playback and controlling of midi and wav files. So controlling it with another midi controller is not an option as there is no midi in. Only midi out. Basically it's function is a playback unit that one of the band members triggers and it will then take over and play backing tracks and control any midi controllable device such as an Axe-fx, H9, or even lighting.

Other companies have since done this too. Consumer electronics is going wireless and has been pushing it for years now.

we are in professional audio, and I personally don’t think an iPod or iPhone qualifies as such.

I’ve enjoyed using both devices for music in the past. I’m beginning to think that Apple isn’t as much interested in the artist crowd as they once were with the new line up of MacBook Pros coming out recently.

Back
Top Bottom