"B stock"? You've got to be kidding me?!

EJ James (Street)

Experienced
Fractal Audio said:
B-Stock products have a minor cosmetic flaw, usually a small scratch or blemish.
I've gone over this thing with a fine tooth comb, and this is the only thing I can find that would make it qualify for the statement above. I'll buy B-stocks like this all day long, every day of the week, and twice on Sundays.

Glad I jumped on this deal!

Attachments

• 20170612.AxeFXiiXL+B-Stock.jpg
    20170612.AxeFXiiXL+B-Stock.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 395
I've gone over this thing with a fine tooth comb, and this is the only thing I can find that would make it qualify for the statement above. I'll buy B-stocks like this all day long, every day of the week, and twice on Sundays.

Glad I jumped on this deal!
I bought one the last time around, and I had the same experience... No flaw could be found.

I suspect maybe the are returned items...

The flaws aren't in regards to the cosmetics of the units, they are defects in the sound quality

B stock has only 90% the tone of otherwise new units. Still pretty good bang for the buck, but I personally choose to pay a 10% added cost to have a hand selected unit choose by Cliff, which has an added 5% tone, for a very sweet sounding 105%

Bought my XL as a B-stock a while back and literally the only thing different is that the display is slightly dim.

Quality control at FAS must have a super high bar but we all already knew that...

The flaws aren't in regards to the cosmetics of the units, they are defects in the sound quality

B stock has only 90% the tone of otherwise new units. Still pretty good bang for the buck, but I personally choose to pay a 10% added cost to have a hand selected unit choose by Cliff, which has an added 5% tone, for a very sweet sounding 105%

Are you serious? 90% of the tone lmao

Are you serious? 90% of the tone lmao

90% is an optimistic estimate because those B stock units are the ones that got mixed up in the assembly line and got Line6 innards by mistake ...... try plugging your variax guitar into the 'MFC' port for a cracking 12 string Ricky :)

Correct. I prefer Cliff's Certified Pre-Owned class of units (CCPO), with tonal character carrying the same warranty as the originals. And those are the same flaws they manufacture in Montana, for dental usage and such.

when i talked to fractal before buying mine they told me the quality was a the same just some cosmetic flaw on the b-stock. i also can not find anything as far as a flaw goes and am 100% happy with my unit. I would not hesitate to buy b-stock again.

A lot of times it's a "cosmetic" flaw on the interior. One thing that happens a lot is a screw head breaks off when they are installing the main PC board. Once the head breaks off you can't get the remainder of the screw out of the hole so technically the unit isn't perfect. It's doesn't affect performance and it's invisible to the user but we wouldn't want someone opening up and then seeing that and making a fuss. So we sell those a B-stocks.

Back
Top Bottom