Axe's LCD display dims to the point of being unreadable.

jayveekay

Situation is this... the device's LCD display just dims without an apparent reason while I'm doing nothing in particular.
No amount of restarting or contrast tweaking helps.

The LCD backlight seems to be fine, just the graphics on the display get so dim it's barely readable anymore.

This has happened twice now, with firmware 4.01 (that I updated to 5.0 while the LCD was still dim) and 5.01.
Last time it got back to normal after about an hour of doing nothing in particular.

If this happens when I'm not connected to my computer it's going to be really, really annoying.
Any suggestions what might be wrong?

I should note that everything else seems to be working just fine.

Same thing happened to me on v4, only one though. I think I just restarted the Axe and it came back fine. I haven't experienced it yet again, now on v5.

I'd recommend contacting Fractal. Perhaps opening up the box to see if all the cables are properly seated?

I just got my Axe FX II yesterday and noticed that my LCD display is often changing brightness on its own: dimming and then restoring to normal every few seconds or so. I'd be interested to know what G66 says.

I just got my Axe FX II yesterday and noticed that my LCD display is often changing brightness on its own: dimming and then restoring to normal every few seconds or so. I'd be interested to know what G66 says.

On my unit too but only when looking at it in an angle from above.

Having this issue too. Any chance it depends on the quality of power you're plugging into? My basement lines are pretty dirty voltage wise...

Not sure if it's the voltage... it dims for about 30-60 minutes and then might go back to normal for indefinitely just to rinse and repeat. Anyway, it sure sounds like it's starving (fan spinning just a little bit slower and the display dimming)... but why?

Someone suggested I get a new ribbon cable.

Yeah man there's definitely nothing over $1000 that's ever had problems before.

that makes no sense. if your display was screwing up , I doubt you would be so understanding

Back
Top Bottom