AxeFxTutorials.com - New Site

chris

Owner's Manual Reader
I'd like to announce a new project: AxeFxTutorials.com Axe-Fx Tutorials | Tutorials and help for Fractal Audio Gear

I've been barraged with messages since my last thread here. I was completely going to stop and move on, believe me. It's only been about a month since that thread, but the frequency of messages asking for help, or disappointment that I was stopping really made me re-think things. I appreciate all the positive messages anyone has sent or posted here.

With that said, I did a lot of thinking and honestly, I've really missed helping people and chatting in my live chat. I just like helping, it really makes me happy. This was not a quick decision, but now I'm fully behind this new concept.

So I built a site last night. It will focus on FAS Gear, similar to what I did before with my Katsu Kuri Media Blog, but will less filling ;) I have contacted FAS with some ideas, but at this time, I think I'd like to spearhead this project myself.

AxeFxTutorials.com will soon be the home of my old video tutorials and I will start working on new videos.

It will also host its own Forum specifically for troubleshooting and historical reference. I’ll explain more about that once I get it going :) I'm not trying to create any division among users nor am I trying to make a new community, but I have trouble helping people here due to the current setup. My forum will have certain settings that I believe will make support clear cut and straight forward, and it will solely be for support, questions, troubleshooting and information. Again, more on that in the future once I set it up completely, but the intent is to be a channel for me to help people.

I also plan to get my FAQ back up and post new articles discussing various aspects of the gear. For now I've put some of what I had before, but I'll be adding to it as I can. Once things get going, I will be looking to enlist some help, writing articles, tips and tricks, helping support, etc.

Finally, I’ll have a Live IRC Chat to help with support and to have a place to hang out and discuss anything like FAS gear, music, or whatever else we wanna talk about. This is actually up right now, and I'd love for you to stop in to chat - I'm not really doing support right now, so let's just hang out. It was really fun before!

AxeFxTutorials Chat | Axe-Fx Tutorials

I also plan to start an Indiegogo campaign. (Indiegogo is similar to Kickstarter, without certain limitations.) Right now I just have an Axe-Fx II Mark I, and I'd love to get my hands on the other gear to facilitate helping everyone.

Again, I want to reiterate that I truly was going to leave this behind. But it all hit me yesterday, and I think with this focused project and my own methods of "support," I can help people with their FAS (and other) gear like never before.

Please hop into my chat. I'm at a day job right now, but there's some down time so I can talk.

Thanks for your support. My intention here is to help people. There's many who don't need help, but there are also many who would like it, and this is for them :)

Please "Like" my page on Facebook to keep updated as I add things to the site. Thanks!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Axe-Fx-Tutorials/1586495194930040

Good to here and wish you the best of luck. Your expression/wah/volume pedal vid was invaluable to me.

Cheers
Anthony

Great to hear Chris! I'm glad to see you have refocused your energies in a way that will help others... Shacka bradah \mn/

Fantastic Chris. This great news for a lot of people who have gotten so much form your videos. It will be great to have you back in full on help mode.

YOU CAN CHECK OUT ANY TIME YOU WANT!

...but you can never leave

:D

Also, are you use still using irc.foonetic.net for the IRC server? I'll drop by, but prefer to use irssi...

Edit: looks like you're using irc.geeksirc.net now. Cool.

Finally, I’ll have a Live IRC Chat to help with support and to have a place to hang out and discuss anything like FAS gear, music, or whatever else we wanna talk about. This is actually up right now, and I'd love for you to stop in to chat - I'm not really doing support right now, so let's just hang out. It was really fun before!
I like the IRC channels FWIW.

Back
Top Bottom