axefxology

your common sense, maybe. i'm not like you

Just telling you what would happen everywhere and always for every one - IF one would make an attempt at a similar preceding comment.

well that would be your choice. it's not my choice.

I still have no reason to accept the second helping hand comment considering your set-up context which gives on no reason to accept the idea that you want anyone to have those sounds. As you even reveal later down as I will show.

you're assuming i want other people to have the exact same sound as me.

So then you are clarifying you will NOT help them achieve those presets is that correct?

indeed it does, but then the receiver doesn't learn as much as attempting to create the patch for himself.

some recievers are not sound designers. Same reason people don't engineer the component and cap values of the internals of amps. but the amps in the axe-fx are already engineered for one to tweak. Just like the presets in my synthesizer I pay sound designers to engineer. Because me attempting that would be useless as music is my main field - not sound design. I also don't build pianos.

even if the receiver doesn't manage it, they will still have learned from the experience of trying. i'm happy to help by giving guidelines and advice on how to do this. using specific examples and references (like the soundclips) is a good way to focus in on specific types of fx.

but just not those exact presets. its ok. I understand. I only asked a price after that. But I guess they are not for sale.

i don't know what an "un-notable position" is, but as for far-fetched...if you think so, then that's your opinion.

My opinion is that way because one will not receive your help here to generate the exact same presets to get those sounds - as you have clarified. Perhaps you are providing some tutorials for similar effects. But not the patches shared. Thanks.

this is true, but you don't need to be a "sound designer" to create great sounds on the axe fx. just time, creativity and a bit of experience.

Tweaking existing amps and presets. is all some people have the time or will or knowledge for. some wish not to acquire any more knowledge for preset creation.

indeed they do, but what this really means is, "some people just want stuff for free without having to put in any effort". i don't have much respect for these people, i'm afraid.

Then i guess you have little respect for the amazing piano player who did not build the grand piano they are playing sounds on because they either received the piano for free as a sponsorship for thier talent - or bought it themselves. As I even asked for a price for your presets. The value is your choice, perhaps I would decide it is worth my money, or perhaps I would decide to rely on the engineers at eventide. Who knows what i would do upon finding out the price, if you even decide to set one - as you showed you will not set a price.

yes it is. and i would hope that people would understand the reasons i have for making that choice and respect them.

I certainly respect the choice to not share them. But I will not accept the claim that you'll help anyone achieve these presets themselves for reasons already stated by both you and I.

i'm not forcing you to beg. if you don't want to ask, then don't ask.

Begging the question is the act of entailing a conclusion in your premise. But if ones premise is one which entail one's conclusion, and one's premises are questionable, one is said to beg the question.

i choose not to share my patches, because
1) they are personal to me and part of my "art". i don't want loads of other people sounding like me. i know that might seem pretentious to you, but it's a fact.

Thank you for clarifying that you do not want to help anyone achieve these presets. That is all I was trying to challenge. And you have proven my challenge as valid.

2) i've spent 25 years learning how to program fx and i think that counts for something. why should someone else come along and just freeload off my experience? it would be like knocking on eric clapton's door and demanding free lessons.

And I respected that once I found out. I then asked for a price. Your refusal to sell them is also respected. But not the claim to be willing to help anyone here achieve those sounds in the presets. You have helped show you are not willing to have anyone engineer those sounds.

3) i could have not posted anything on the forum at all and frankly saved myself quite a bit of grief. but i believe in the product and i believed that the fx side of the axefx was under-represented, so i thought it might be worth trying to rectify that.

True - there is not enough creative FX programming in the Axe-FX. Thanks for proving things I was ridiculed for saying in other threads! Butl you have only rectified it for yourself, not for others. You cannot expect others to program presets who wish only to make music with them. Like Me i do not care for programming anything - (with the exception of creating a hybrid the tone off fear factory obsolete/demanufacture - that is all I cared to learn how to do and I did it and will offer the patch for 2 grand. If no one wants to pay, I could care less. but that's how much my effort is worth according to my price, and I asked the price of your presets too.

But as for effects presets, I have no interest whatsoever in programming multi-FX into the axe, but if someone wants to program something for me for either a price or freely shared, fine, but if not - I do not give a rats ass. I'll buy a 6 thousand dollar eventide.

And the eventide community members do not hate me for being honest - like all the very unhappy people in this forum do - in this case merely for a challenge to a fallacy, or also merely just because I ask others to program for me. (Dimebag did not handle the EQ- at his live events. He left it to the engineers and sound designers. And yes I do put myself on a similar level of channeled ability).
the clips on the fractal website have reached 10,000 plays on some of them and if cliff has managed to sell a few extra units because of them, then i'm very happy for him and i'm glad i spent a few hours recording the examples.

Good for those clips!

if you have a problem with this, then tough. please don't accuse me of being dishonest, or underhanded on a public forum, just because you don't seem to understand my motivations and you can't be bothered (or are unable) to put in some time and effort of you're own.

Nope, I have no problem. and I never accused you of any dishonesty or foul play as others have with their unvalid bashing. I have just decided to challenge what I spotted as a fallacy and wanted you to clarify what I originally thought was a mis-statement on your behalf on willing to help others achieve those presets. I am glad you have clarified that you will not share what it takes for anyone to have those presets. I also share the same belief for my Fear Factory hybrid Obsolete/Demanufacture tone.
ps - my patches aren't for sale.

Thanks for clarifying that too. I on the other hand have set a price for mine - $2000 for the Fear Factory two-album hybrid preset OR information about the preset.

Last edited:
Is there an equivalent of the "kids table" here at the Fractal boards? Someone needs to move away from the adults for a while.

Dear Tone_Freak,

Please stop participating in our community. You have, thus far, yet to contribute anything of worth, but manage to fill our screens with absolute time wasting garbage. I feel if you were to continue your stay here, some of our more coveted members may choose to stop contributing. It is quite obvious that you can not exist here without conflict. So please, move along now.

Thank you
Justin

Worse thing you can do with him is let him wind you up..laugh at him..find amusement in the fact that if this is what he does with his time..the rest of his life and relationships must be very rewarding.

Spoilt childhood maybe, without being taught respect or discipline..now its tone_freak against the worldwide web!!

I actually think its all a cry for attention and the little tone_freak inside is just crying out for a community hug!! :mrgreen

/Moderator hat on:

tone_freak has been suspended pending a review of his posting privileges by the forum Admin. Let's move back to topic now and leave him to his own fate.

Note: passive aggressive antagonizing of other members destroys community building and will not be tolerated.

/Moderator hat off.

Many thanks, Scott.

And, in even more abundance, thanks to Simeon. I think it's safe to say that at least my perception of the capabilities of the Axe-FX would be far different were it not for his presence here on these forums, and I am very glad that he chooses to participate and contribute. Please continue sharing your discoveries and tips with us, they will never go unvalued.

I am not a sound designer, but since you mention that, I have been able to design a clone of a hybrid of favorite fear factory tones in here and will sell it for a few grand. Because its a tone people are waiting for. HA. So there.

this was gold, considering someone put up the same patch for free in these forums

would be nice if they could delete all this guys post that bring such a good thread down

sorry you guys as well had to experience this clown

I think Simeon's contribution here is awe inspiring..... nothing short of amazing.

..............Donnie

Those are indeed wonderful pieces of work. I have no idea how to make those sounds, but eventually I'll get a clue.. thanks for the inspiration simeon..

When I heard "The Crystal Caves" I thought it was the old Star Trek intro. :) Nice collection of what's possible with the Axe. They're very inspiring. Thanks for doing these.

boldly going where no-one has gone before, i have added some more clips to the original post...from Aeolian Clusters down...

thanks!

sim

Love the new stuff, especially Crystal Strings and Groove Synth! Any tips on how an Axe newbie like me can create those sounds? So far, my experiments with the pitch and synth blocks have resulted in the creation of abominations, which were quickly chased off by torch-wielding mobs

Wow, that Groove_Synth sample sounds awesome. Care to enlighten us on that one? :D

thanks guys

in the groove synth patch i used an amp feeding two synths (in parallel). there are some crystals in a side chain as well

one of the synths is set to envelope only and tuned to the bass note (which never changes). the other three synths are as normal, but can be shifted to 5ths or octaves etc

the sequencer is tied to a volume block to control level and one of the lfo's is tied to the synth filters. both the sequencer and the lfo are tied to envelope, so that they start when you play a note and stay in sync.

Any tips on how an Axe newbie like me can create those sounds?

start simply. if you're new to the unit (and perhaps programming sounds in general) then you need to get some experience and learn what all the blocks can do. experiment!

i don't have an easy answer for you i'm afraid, sorry!

Back
Top Bottom