axefxology

simeon said:
thanks mate!

i'll be creating a lot more soon, so i'll add them to the original post.

had my first looping gig with the axe and my laptop on sunday and it sounded terrific!

here's a little pic of me making some noise in a gallery,,,

sim_gallery_1.jpg

Hi Simeon,

Is that the Chapter in Cardiff by any chance?

Paul

aircadet said:
Hi Simeon,

Is that the Chapter in Cardiff by any chance?

Paul

hi paul, no it's the TactileBosch gallery in Landaff North

been looking at Chapter as a venue, but so far no joy. we will be doing more stuff at TactileBosch with bands and solo performances in the near future.

sim

yek said:
What's also nice (experienced this by accident): load them and let play them simultaneously :))

yeah, they're all in Am aren't they!

it's my go to key when my brain is turned off...

:D

Simeon,

As you did with S&H, would it be possible for you to do a screenshot and a breakdown of Choralspace? That one is absolutely wonderful.

Thanks_flip

Cory508 said:
I'd love to know how to make "FIlter Slice" & "Pedal Filter".

we covered filter slice earlier in the thread (it may have been called sample and hold, as i changed the name)

pedal filter is just a low pass filter and volume tied to the same cc pedal

sim

meatflip said:
Simeon,

As you did with S&H, would it be possible for you to do a screenshot and a breakdown of Choralspace? That one is absolutely wonderful.

Thanks_flip

that one's quite easy. just a pitch shifter set to an octave up and a fifth down with predelay on the fifth and then followed up with a multidelay, reverb and chorus

sim

simeon said:
Cory508 said:
I'd love to know how to make "FIlter Slice" & "Pedal Filter".

we covered filter slice earlier in the thread (it may have been called sample and hold, as i changed the name)

pedal filter is just a low pass filter and volume tied to the same cc pedal

sim

Thanks Simeon, i'll try to find the original thread, your sounds with the Axe Fx are really Amazing! :eek: :shock: :? :?:

simeon said:
posted a little clip in a thread called "little ambient noodle" and i thought i'd post that clip and some more in a new thread. i've only had the axe fx for a few weeks and at least two of those were spent working on my covers band stuff, so i havn't had a great deal of time with my new toy yet! anyway, some of these are recreations of my favourite sounds from when i had a g-force and eclipse and some are new...

The Crystal caves
Ambiclouds
C Baritone
Choralspace
Jarresque
Filterslice
Shimmerpan
Slicer
Synthy Arps
Violins

Sample and Hold
Moogish
Pedal Filter
Freeze

Splatt
Kaoss Oscillation
Electrofilters
Pitch Ambience
Vocal Lead
Holdsy Swell
Supermod Clean

Stutter
Synthy Octaves

(if they don't play, copy the link and paste it into your browser)

before you ask...no, you can't have the patches, but i'm happy to explain how they were done, so you can make your own fabbo versions.

will try and add more when i get time

sim

That's probably the sadest thing I've read in this forum, but... we have to respect that choice :cry: !

It was a kind of joke and I'm sure you felt it like that.
But your idea is good. Why not paying for those patches :twisted: :mrgreen: ?

Hey Simeon,
Can you give a bit of detail on the Filterslice patch? It sounds like a variation on your Sample and Hold patch, but with maybe some delay with LFO settings..?

Did you? I saw the Sample and Hold demo on the 2nd page and knew the two mp3s sounded similar, but figured they were more different than the sequencer order I'll have another look/try. Thanks :)

filterslice was originally called sample and hold

when i did a proper sample and hold patch, i changed the name

the explanation on page two is for filterslice

sorry for the confusion!

sim

Love your work! It's really cool that Fractal Audio posted your samples on their main site. IMO they definitely show off the axe's capabilities more then what they had up their first. Nothing against to the creators of those other patches, but these guys definitely grab my ear's attention way more!

I can't wait to finally get my AXEFX! 5 months and counting!

BORNintoMUSIC said:
Love your work! It's really cool that Fractal Audio posted your samples on their main site. IMO they definitely show off the axe's capabilities more then what they had up their first. Nothing against to the creators of those other patches, but these guys definitely grab my ear's attention way more!

I can't wait to finally get my AXEFX! 5 months and counting!

they did? wow thats awesome! I'd love for cliff to maybe get simeon and some of the other gurus to share some on a special bank or something ;)

they shoudl put Uoki-Tokis up as well...they are insane to!

thanks for the kind words, chaps!

posted three more in the original post

a synthy bass thing (really heavy!). i kick in the formant filter at the end of the clip as well
some synthy strings. sound good on their own, but i added some crystals and octave shifted a couple of the synths down to really fatten it up. very frippy. i copied most of the settings from a string patch in the ES2 synth in Logic
a choppy techno thing

cheers!

sim

Back
Top Bottom