AxefxII with Matrix GT800FX and ????

rustyshed

Inspired
Hi everyone,

Well I am really enjoying messing around with this black box of wonder but I have not been able to get a tone I am happy when running into my guitar cabs.

Axe into studio monitors, I love. It sounds great!

but guitar cabs im struggling.

Im thinking of matrix fr212 but its a lot of money to buy without being able to really hear one in a band context, there are videos out there but they are not really telling me alot.

Can anyone post some videos of the fr212 and axefx2 please? In maybe a band situation.

Also I am guessing controlled feedback is gonna be a no no with this setup. How can you get around this problem?

Thank in advance

Hi everyone,

Well I am really enjoying messing around with this black box of wonder but I have not been able to get a tone I am happy when running into my guitar cabs.

Axe into studio monitors, I love. It sounds great!

but guitar cabs im struggling.

Im thinking of matrix fr212 but its a lot of money to buy without being able to really hear one in a band context, there are videos out there but they are not really telling me alot.

Can anyone post some videos of the fr212 and axefx2 please? In maybe a band situation.

Also I am guessing controlled feedback is gonna be a no no with this setup. How can you get around this problem?

Thank in advance

Are you running the Matrix GT800FX through a cabinet that is matching in proper ohms impedance? Under powering a cabinet can result in unwanted (or undesirable) feedback.

Are you running the Matrix GT800FX through a cabinet that is matching in proper ohms impedance? Under powering a cabinet can result in unwanted (or undesirable) feedback.

Hi,

I use a valve head and 4x12 cab with effects rack at moment and I can get every tone out of it i want, I am completely happy with sound etc; but I do create and control feedback on a few songs.(think flying in a blue dream feedback)

I have purchased the axe to downsize my gear and eventually move away from the big cabs and all the gear etc.

So I am wondering will i be able to do this on the axefx2 with matrix power amp and the matrix fr212?

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks

Personally, I dig a 4X12 with the Matrix.
It will give you ALL that you want. Definitely able to get feedback.
I get great tone onstage without being too loud and no micing needed, since output 1 goes direct to FOH.
I understand FRFR monitors and I have some QFC K12's. But the cab just does to for me. Plus it looks better IMO.
Even though I am an older guy I still like the 4X12's there pushing some air and giving me "that" tone onstage.

I'm recording an album right now.. and last week I was working on a track that needed controlled feedback
I was getting through my studio monitors…

I just relaxed the gate a bit when I was recording the dry tone and gave it some with the volume.. worked a treat

also, I know you can get controlled feedback with the Matrix FRFR cabs.. I've done it..

I played my first gig with an Axe/Matrix setup on Saturday and it freakin' ROCKED! It was through an Orange PPC412, and the Mark IV amp sim. I used to own an Mark V and Orange PPC212 and it nailed it. I'm the only guitarist in my band and it filled out just like my Mark V used to. Brilliant.

You and I both!!! glad i'm not alone on this one lol I also have thought about that FR2x12 cab but its hella pricey! worth while from what everyone is saying and if i'm imagining it properly.. i think if we were to get this cab, we wouldn't need to worry about setting a preset that requires both FOH & real cab. In this case, we'd only worry about the studio preset and still use it live regardless since this FRFR cab would give the exact same results from the studio monitors. Correct me if i'm wrong!

You and I both!!! glad i'm not alone on this one lol I also have thought about that FR2x12 cab but its hella pricey! worth while from what everyone is saying and if i'm imagining it properly.. i think if we were to get this cab, we wouldn't need to worry about setting a preset that requires both FOH & real cab. In this case, we'd only worry about the studio preset and still use it live regardless since this FRFR cab would give the exact same results from the studio monitors. Correct me if i'm wrong!

Yes that is what I am thinking, but it may be to perfect if other instruments are not miked up through pa.

I do not want to go and throw more money at a new cab and find out I cannot get out of it what I need.

I am not a metal guy, I play mostly classic rock and Jazz Fusion. Bands ranging from Led Zep, Thin Lizzy, ZZ Top to Ohm and Toto.

I want something simpler, lighter to lug around but also that delivers what my existing gear does.

Yes that is what I am thinking, but it may be to perfect if other instruments are not miked up through pa.

I do not want to go and throw more money at a new cab and find out I cannot get out of it what I need.

I am not a metal guy, I play mostly classic rock and Jazz Fusion. Bands ranging from Led Zep, Thin Lizzy, ZZ Top to Ohm and Toto.

I want something simpler, lighter to lug around but also that delivers what my existing gear does.

i am loving my lightweight combination of axe-fxII -> matrix gt800fx -> orange 2x12 ppc

i am loving my lightweight combination of axe-fxII -> matrix gt800fx -> orange 2x12 ppc

Hey foxhole,

Can you give me one of your simple crunch and clean patches to try with my setup?

I have lots of cabs 2x12s 4x12s with V30s I will see what they sound like. Maybe its my patches.

this cab is versatile but i do agree with you as far as not getting what you'd need out of it. I've seen a guitarist play fusion jazz in a video he did using both FR212 & the Neolight NL212 & both sound so similar. The price with shipping on this cab would cost around me $1,120.00!! lol

Back
Top Bottom