AxeFxII Vs. Axe Fx Ultra

arcangel

Inspired
so i woke up this morning, i haven't been on the forum for a while, but like i said i woke up today and went to youtube and the first thing i see is that Mark did a video of the AxeFx2 and i was, what the hell ???? what does this mean ???? does it mean i will have to replace my current Axe Fx ??? no more firmware updates ??? does the Axe Fx II have more power, can somebody explain it to me ..... :S i really feel like that commercial from best buy, you just bought this but now its old news .... CRAP !!!!

Last edited:
yes, I too just recieved my ultra about 6-7 weeks ago and I was feeling the blues but the last week or so I've forgotten about all that and Im working with the ultra and gettign to know it. It is without a doubt the best piece of gear I've played through. I'm getting really sweet tones and Im very happy with my purchase. My other main hobby is PC gaming and this happens all the time in that industry. you buy the fastest video card and it's replaced by a faster one in a couple of months so its nothing new to me. I figure maybe in 3-5 years I'll get the newest version of the axe-fx thats out and i'll use this one as my backup. Also, I should note that i came from using a POD X3live so maybe thats why im still so happy with the ultra.

I don't see what all the fuss is about; I bought an axe fx standard a few days ago knowing full well the II was around the corner. I'm sure the II will sound incredible but I am extremely pleased with the standard so far! The Axe-II isn't going to magically make our standards and ultras sound like crap all of the sudden! In a few more weeks I will have the 3rd best amp modeler in the world instead of 2nd best...woe is me ;)

I don't see what all the fuss is about; I bought an axe fx standard a few days ago knowing full well the II was around the corner. I'm sure the II will sound incredible but I am extremely pleased with the standard so far! The Axe-II isn't going to magically make our standards and ultras sound like crap all of the sudden! In a few more weeks I will have the 3rd best amp modeler in the world instead of 2nd best...woe is me ;)

In terms of sound the Ultra and the Standard sound the same, so second best ;)

I too was kinda bummed about the Axe 2 new since I had just purchased my Ultra. I have to be honest, all the clips I have heard from the axe 2 aren't blowin me away. I can pretty much get all the tones I have heard or at least be close enough that you probably couldn't tell the difference. I know that future updates will be great for the 2 but I am feeling much better now with my rig.....The Ultra kicks ass fo sho!!

I wouldn't sweat it. It will be a long time until production of the axe II can even match demand. I think the ultra has many years of life left and while everyone is scrambling trying to buy one, we'll be enjoying great tone. I think I'll wait for the axe III and then buy the II.

I'm still pretty new to tweaking my Ultra, but I had the opportunity to play on a "II". It's just an opinion, but since this is a Fractal forum: The technology of this unit (whichever) has finally brought digital up to speed with tube amps. Meaning, as a guitarist, your sound is as good as your skill. Chops, knowing how to dial in a good sound, and so on. Again, just a thought. Best to all.

I just got me Ultra 2 weeks ago i was thingking about the Axe 2 for a while i mean i can do more stuff but tone wise are almost similar so i'm pretty happy with my purchase :D, maybe take more tweaking than the Axe 2 to get a similar tone

Back
Top Bottom