Bug? AxeFxII not detecting USB MIDI PC input [SOLVED]

Per Boysen

Inspired
I have tested this a lot today and am pretty sure that the AxeFxII does not detect MIDI Program Change events sent into it through the USB MIDI port. It does fine when sending it through the physical DIN type MIDI IN port so I'm guessing there is still a bug in the USB MIDI functionality?

Last edited by a moderator:
What software are you using to send the midi commands? I did some recording recently with reaper and sent CC commands for scene change and it worked although there are lots of gotchas. In reaper you have to enable the Axe fx as a midi device in the settings and maybe route the output of the midi track there also can't remember exactly. I also had a note to myself to turn on IO - USB adapter mode in the Axe fx, although looking back at the manual now doesn't look like that should be necessary so I may have to test that out again.

Oh, I've tried with lots of software. Plogue Bidule, Logic Pro X, Mainstage, Ableton Live, Mobius loop sampler... One thing that might be noted is that a MIDI Clock signal gets through to the AxeFxII USB MIDI IN. And I can also mention that I did test for PCs with both possibles settings of the Axe's MIDI Adapter Mode and of course also with Program Change activated in the pref's.

It is the MIDI Program Change messages that are blocked here. I have not tested with CCs, so I can't say anything about that.

Hi Per,

I've just tested it using Logic Pro X (OS 10.10.3) and it is working fine. I created a MIDI clip and sent program change messages 0, 10, and 13. I let it loop for a few minutes while I am doing a support call and it has been working fine for over 5 minutes.

Hi Per,

I've just tested it using Logic Pro X (OS 10.10.3) and it is working fine. I created a MIDI clip and sent program change messages 0, 10, and 13. I let it loop for a few minutes while I am doing a support call and it has been working fine for over 5 minutes.

Did your presets change accordingly? (I'll be damned, sorry for the fuss. Must dig into this more and find what I'm doing wrong. Good to know there's no bug though)

Yes, the presets are changing just fine. We use computer-powered program change messages in a variety of pro settings. I know it works.

Back
Top Bottom