[AxeFX2] Collection Thread

Bill:
I don't take it personally. I just don't understand it. If you tell me, that this way is better for you to share presets I believe it. I am surprised, but I believe it. I am curious of your reasons, though.
So testing this method:
I just downloaded the files. It's awesome just scrolling through the presets. Wait! It would be if I had info what is the missing IR. There is no link to a file that contains that info or any other (If there is it's not attached to the first post). Even, if I found it in a "info file", I have to look for. Then I lose the advantage of scrolling though. I am really curious what is the benefit of having the presets this way.
Oh when there is an update, how do you know which ones the new one?

Bill, Can you help me out?

Levi

Wow...Bowl of "sarcasm" for breakfast? - LOL!

I guess a lot of people out here are creatures of habit...I'm sure that some of your generous/diligent work on the preset-organization and "source-control" is appreciated/used by some Axe-FX owners? I wouldn't take it personally for those who do not...

Bill

@levipeto: ill update it with the IR info for the presets...and about the update...just sort the files by date...(didnt check..but i hope that winrar wont delete the previous date stamps)

T.B.B: I am not complaining nor trying to give you extra work. I am just simply trying to use it and understand the advantage of it. I see that you put a lots of work into it and I hope it will worth it in the end.
Kudos!

yeah dont worry ;) im using the collection for myself and also having trouble with the IRs (which one to choose). So it was planned sooner or later to add a IR list.
but i also think that there arent that many of them (mostly smilefans and yeks presets). So thats why it wasnt on my need to do now list ;)

T.B.B: I am not complaining nor trying to give you extra work. I am just simply trying to use it and understand the advantage of it. I see that you put a lots of work into it and I hope it will worth it in the end.
Kudos!

Hi Levi, for reasons that sometimes can't be explained or aren't logical, initiatives don't work out always.
Your preset database/site is wonderful and the efforts are appreciated!
For one reason or another people -and I'm one of them- prefer to post them in another way.
It may not be the most efficient way but that's the way humans brains work. ;-)
I'm sure you'll benefit one way or another from your efforts eventually!

Guys,

I don't really care if we use my solution or any other way. I only care about that, when you share a preset, then you provide the necessary info or don't share at all, because It's pointless.
The reason of sharing, that so others can FIND, use, learn from it.
Why do you want to share a preset, if others can't use it or can't use it the way you created it?

If IR info missing or don't know if it was made for FRFR or amp/cab setup (which firmware, pick ups, etc.), then the whole sharing is pointless.
It becomes a bunch of random parameters.
Do you really think that people can't come up with random settings by themselves? They really need your random settings?

Generally speaking of preset sharing in the forum:

You guys care to share momentarily, but don't care if anybody else will find it later.
Another important part of sharing is that newcomers can find it too. "Preset" threads and presets posted on the 56th page is maybe cool for the few who read it, but they will fade off and the newcomers have no chance finding it unless they read the entire forum (guess not) so your effort is pointless.
And not to mention outside links that breaks or missing.

If I just got my AxeII and come here download the files load them to the AxeII and... silence, wtf? oh IR info missing. I see there is a link to another 3 threads that I have to read before I can use it.

Yepp, that is a real time saver solution.
Next week come back: nicee!! update! downloaded. hmmm, which ones are the new ones? ... ok may these, oh, info is missing.

Hi Levi, for reasons that sometimes can't be explained or aren't logical, initiatives don't work out always.
Your preset database/site is wonderful and the efforts are appreciated!
For one reason or another people -and I'm one of them- prefer to post them in another way.
It may not be the most efficient way but that's the way humans brains work. ;-)
I'm sure you'll benefit one way or another from your efforts eventually!

Yek, I didn't do it for getting benefited from it.

Last edited:
Big collection :) This could be more useful if it would contain a bit more information about the presets/irs. The way I'm doing it is that I have the preset and a shortcut to the post where the preset is shared. So for each .syx file there is corresponding "shortcut to the post" file.

Easiest way for me to create the shortcut is just to drag'n'drop the post number, in the upper right corner of the post, to my file system and rename the shortcut to whatever the .syx file name is.

Hopefully the post (or the thread), in which the preset is shared, contains description about the preset. What settings, what IRs, etc...

updated the collection, sorted out some stuff, added WIP IR list, added new presets section, new IRs added, added some infos about IRs and about some presets. Its recommended to delete the old Collection folder at first!

Last edited:
Any chance a version 5.0 is coming soon?

By the way, I really appreciate your work as well. It has kept me busy for hours and been more than inspiring.

Thanks a million,

Justin

updated to version 5, added new IRs (converted those from Clark Kent to Axe2 format) and some more, added new presets and effects

Reactions: gpz
Legacy preset

This is pretty simple, but I liked the sound of it. Thought I'd post it for comments. It's my first attempt at this and I wanted a preset for the legacy amp.

dave

Attachments

• Legacy-I.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 124
Back
Top Bottom