AxeFx/Matrix 4x12's VIDEO

the only thing i'm missing is a great hardcase for my mfc and pedals. right now they are in a soft travel case and i have to set them up and the pedals aren't attached to anything.

do i have to customize the TT flatboard to make it like this vid? or can i order it from TM for that exact setup?

awesome stuff as always.

the only thing i'm missing is a great hardcase for my mfc and pedals. right now they are in a soft travel case and i have to set them up and the pedals aren't attached to anything.

do i have to customize the TT flatboard to make it like this vid? or can i order it from TM for that exact setup?

awesome stuff as always.

All you need is the 3m dual-lok and some cables. This is a standard flat board from TT.

Mark

awesome stuff as always.

The TT boards come with a hard case as an option, it's extra but worth it. Check mine... I leave it in the bottom part of the hard case most of the time...

FuelItGig.jpg

In the misty morning... on the edge of time...

We've lost the rising sun, a final sign...

... LOOK OUT!!! The sun is going black, black!

what's in those Friedman cabs? they sound very good with that JCM 800 patch
can we see the patch? power amp sims on /off?

what's in those Friedman cabs? they sound very good with that JCM 800 patch
can we see the patch? power amp sims on /off?

V30's across the bottom and Greenbacks on top. Here's the basic preset. I may have re-tweaked it the day I shot this video. I forgot to save the presets after I shot the video. I rely more on my ears than settings so I just re-tweak a bit for the room and cabs.

Attachments

• MD JCM800 Dry .syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 115
Its nice to see my very own rig in the video lol minus the MFC and ex. pedals other than that I'm a super happy camper! :D

Hi Mark

are you using a cab sim in the JCM preset ?

rgds

Phil

ps - what amp type was the clean sound based on ?

Hi Mark

are you using a cab sim in the JCM preset ?

rgds

Phil

ps - what amp type was the clean sound based on ?

No cab sims with the power amp and real guitar cabs...ever.

Deluxe Verb for clean.

Mark

No cab sims with the power amp and real guitar cabs...ever.

Deluxe Verb for clean.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Great demo.

So live do you just mike the two 4x12 cabs and not use the line outs on the back of the Axe?

Do you have the power amp sims and cab sims turned off in the Axe, or just the cab sims turned off?

Terry

Hi Mark,

Great demo.

So live do you just mike the two 4x12 cabs and not use the line outs on the back of the Axe?

Do you have the power amp sims and cab sims turned off in the Axe, or just the cab sims turned off?

Terry

This was for a client who does not play live.

I would personally use OUT 2 for the amp/gtr cab feed and use OUT 1 for the FOH.
I would place the FX loop block(OUT 2) before a cab block in the preset.

The scenario is this:
AxeFx has the power amp and cab sims active globally.
OUT 2 has pa sims, but because it is BEFORE the cab block in the preset, it does NOT get the cab sim.
OUT 1 going to the FOH has both cab and pa sims active.

Mark

Mark, your tones are always top notch fella and the feedback on that demo is just amazing, are you still using the Atomic powered wedges for your own live rig?

Mark, your tones are always top notch fella and the feedback on that demo is just amazing, are you still using the Atomic powered wedges for your own live rig?

My own live rig uses a Matrix GT800 and either a CAA 2x12" or up to four Marshall 4x12"s.

Mark

Mark, I need to ask you this. What are the two last awesome riffs you are playing at the end of the video? As always, you are making great videos! Thx for sharing and all the best with your new job.

Were you using a FV500H or L? We use the low imp L version. They seem to work great.

Mark

hey dude
I use the FV-500H and it seems to work fine to me...

out of curiousity, would you expect there to be much of a difference?

and I have to agree with you.. they seem pretty bullet proof and feel nice too..

Mark, I need to ask you this. What are the two last awesome riffs you are playing at the end of the video? As always, you are making great videos! Thx for sharing and all the best with your new job.

Just improvising riffs on the spot. I'd have to relearn them lol.

Back
Top Bottom